D

Deleted member 217926

Im not on my home PC to compare. I have an OCZ Vertex 2 120GB. I will look when I get home to see how they match up. Reads
look fast though.

tecmo34

Administrator
Your issue is you drive is in IDE (hence AS SSD Benchmark saying pciide). Follow the steps in this post ( http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922976 ) and boot into BIOS and switch SATA controller to AHCI.

Also, I would avoid running too many benchmarks, as it will cause the SSD to throttle (decrease performance) do to using up the OP (over provision) associated with the drive for writes. It can take days to weeks to get back to normal speeds.

Review OCZ's forum as they have a very useful article on this topic. Remember, these test write 18GB of data each test that has to be written / deleted which wears on the SSD. The goal is to limit unnecessary writes...

D

Deleted member 217926

Good catch, I did not even notice the IDE. I did think those numbers were off though! Also I should have mentioned to keep the benchmarking to a minimum as it is bad for the drive to do it too much.

tecmo34

Administrator

Did you boot up in IDE, follow these steps:

■Exit all Windows-based programs.
■Click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
■If you receive the User Account Control dialog box, click Continue.
■Locate and then click one of the following registry subkeys:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Msahci
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\IastorV
■In the right pane, right-click Start in the Name column, and then click Modify.
■In the Value data box, type 0, and then click OK.
■On the File menu, click Exit to close Registry Editor.

Restart PC and switch controller to AHCI??

ahumphers91

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
I believe #4, its the fatser sata ports. Can't remember off the top of my head, just stepping out the door for school. I will post later tonight if ur on.

tecmo34

Administrator
Not sure either... I did some Google research and it all comes back to what I've stated should've allowed you to switch.

I would think about doing a SE and fresh install with the BIOS set to AHCI prior to the install, as your next option.