So I just got my GTX 560ti...

the_count707

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011
First of all here are my computer specs...

CPU: Intel core2Quad Q8300@ 2.5ghz (stock)

Mainboard: MSI p45D3 platinum

RAM: 4G of OCZ platinum pc 16000

GPU: MSI GTX 560ti twin frozr 3 hawk

Monitor Res: 1600X900

So, I just barely got the GTX 560ti yesterday to replace my old 1G4850. So I slapped the 560ti in, got the latest drivers installed, and installed MSI after burner, yet I seem to be getting almost worse performance in all of my games than with my 4850. I really don't know what to do, I just want this baby to work, which is why I'm here. Do you think maybe OCing my CPU can help? If you have any suggestions as to why I am seeing such results, plz help as I am out of ideas. :pfff:

Solution
I found one called A-Power AK 850W. Assuming that's the one, it should be ok based on the specs (30A on 12V rails).

So let's assume for now the PSU is ok, did you do a full driver sweep? By this I mean uninstall ATI drivers, and run Driver Sweeper to fully remove them. Also remove all Nvidia drivers before hand. Then install the newest Nvidia drivers.

As well, try running GPUZ or MSI Afterburner when you game and check out the GPU usage and clocks. It would also be good to run the windows performance monitor window to see what sort of CPU usage you're getting.
This can happen if the PSU isn't able to keep up. OCing the CPU would probably help in general, but considering the performance is worse than the 4850, the issue lies elsewhere. The performance should straight up be better, and then OCing the CPU might further improve performance.

So, what exacly is powering your computer?

I found one called A-Power AK 850W. Assuming that's the one, it should be ok based on the specs (30A on 12V rails).

So let's assume for now the PSU is ok, did you do a full driver sweep? By this I mean uninstall ATI drivers, and run Driver Sweeper to fully remove them. Also remove all Nvidia drivers before hand. Then install the newest Nvidia drivers.

As well, try running GPUZ or MSI Afterburner when you game and check out the GPU usage and clocks. It would also be good to run the windows performance monitor window to see what sort of CPU usage you're getting.

Solution

the_count707

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011
I did remove my ATI drivers via device manager, but I haven't heard of driver sweeper so I will get that and run it. Also my CCC is still on my computer and I couldn't get it off so i just disabled it in msconfig.

the_count707

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011
Hey that driver sweeper really helped, my games are now running max with anywhere from 50-100 FPS thanks! it still seems it could be a bit more powerful so maybe I will have to try to OC my cpu a bit