Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Sims 2 - lock up problems

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
May 31, 2005 6:36:30 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

I have been playing The Sims 2 since it first came out. I have had a few game crashed here and there, but nothing major. Now I
have a big problem and EA Games Tech. help, cant help! Can anyone out there help - because I can not play the game at all.

The game loads no problem, then whilst playing when the game play clock reaches 18:00 the game locks totally. It doesn't matter
which family I play - they all lock at 18:00. I have tried rebuilding houses and families, moving them around. But nothing works -
every single family locks at exactly 18:00. The started a few weeks ago with just a few families, now its like a virus all families
are infected even new ones added.

EA games suggested the usual - update drivers, check machine spec with game spec, make sure all background programmes are closed. I
have done all this. My computer is way above the recommended spec. I have no cheats running, no downloads etc, just the original
Sims 2 CD game.

Do you remember the film 'Groundhog Day' - well its like that. Unless I want to play the same day over and over again, I just cant
move on.

Amanda

More about : sims lock problems

Anonymous
May 31, 2005 6:36:31 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Well, I don't know what your problem is but 18.00 is the time when the sims
age every day. I would guess that something is interfering with that. The
first candidate for suspicion would probably be a hack. Have you checked
your Downloads folder for hacks? When you say you have no custom content,
is Downloads completely empty?

Second up might be a corrupted game file - I think you can replace game
files from the games disk but am not sure which ones can be replaced and
which one might relate to this problem. The best place to ask would
probably be Mod the Sims 2:

http://www.modthesims2.com/index.php

Best wishes
Maxon


"Amanda" <amanda@everitt.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
news:D 7hp8e$umo$1@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk...
> I have been playing The Sims 2 since it first came out. I have had a few
game crashed here and there, but nothing major. Now I
> have a big problem and EA Games Tech. help, cant help! Can anyone out
there help - because I can not play the game at all.
>
> The game loads no problem, then whilst playing when the game play clock
reaches 18:00 the game locks totally. It doesn't matter
> which family I play - they all lock at 18:00. I have tried rebuilding
houses and families, moving them around. But nothing works -
> every single family locks at exactly 18:00. The started a few weeks ago
with just a few families, now its like a virus all families
> are infected even new ones added.
>
> EA games suggested the usual - update drivers, check machine spec with
game spec, make sure all background programmes are closed. I
> have done all this. My computer is way above the recommended spec. I
have no cheats running, no downloads etc, just the original
> Sims 2 CD game.
>
> Do you remember the film 'Groundhog Day' - well its like that. Unless I
want to play the same day over and over again, I just cant
> move on.
>
> Amanda
>
>
Anonymous
May 31, 2005 7:06:51 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Amanda wrote:
> I have been playing The Sims 2 since it first came out. I have had a
> few game crashed here and there, but nothing major. Now I have a big
> problem and EA Games Tech. help, cant help! Can anyone out there
> help - because I can not play the game at all.
>
> The game loads no problem, then whilst playing when the game play
> clock reaches 18:00 the game locks totally. It doesn't matter which
> family I play - they all lock at 18:00. I have tried rebuilding
> houses and families, moving them around. But nothing works - every
> single family locks at exactly 18:00. The started a few weeks ago
> with just a few families, now its like a virus all families are
> infected even new ones added.
>
> EA games suggested the usual - update drivers, check machine spec
> with game spec, make sure all background programmes are closed. I
> have done all this. My computer is way above the recommended spec.
> I have no cheats running, no downloads etc, just the original Sims 2
> CD game.
>
> Do you remember the film 'Groundhog Day' - well its like that.
> Unless I want to play the same day over and over again, I just cant
> move on.
>
> Amanda

There's a thread about this problem at MTS2. They all seem to think it's a
problem with Insiminator's Temporal Mod. Do you have that?

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=65144

Jeanie
Related resources
Anonymous
May 31, 2005 11:28:15 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

I have never downloaded anything related to Sims and the download folder is empty. If something has been downloaded without my
knowledge I am not sure how to find it but this has now infected all families. I am stuck - EA Games just no help.

Thanks for your replys



"Maxon" <jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote in message news:5j_me.22$e4.7@newsfe4-win.ntli.net...
> Well, I don't know what your problem is but 18.00 is the time when the sims
> age every day. I would guess that something is interfering with that. The
> first candidate for suspicion would probably be a hack. Have you checked
> your Downloads folder for hacks? When you say you have no custom content,
> is Downloads completely empty?
>
> Second up might be a corrupted game file - I think you can replace game
> files from the games disk but am not sure which ones can be replaced and
> which one might relate to this problem. The best place to ask would
> probably be Mod the Sims 2:
>
> http://www.modthesims2.com/index.php
>
> Best wishes
> Maxon
>
>
> "Amanda" <amanda@everitt.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:D 7hp8e$umo$1@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk...
>> I have been playing The Sims 2 since it first came out. I have had a few
> game crashed here and there, but nothing major. Now I
>> have a big problem and EA Games Tech. help, cant help! Can anyone out
> there help - because I can not play the game at all.
>>
>> The game loads no problem, then whilst playing when the game play clock
> reaches 18:00 the game locks totally. It doesn't matter
>> which family I play - they all lock at 18:00. I have tried rebuilding
> houses and families, moving them around. But nothing works -
>> every single family locks at exactly 18:00. The started a few weeks ago
> with just a few families, now its like a virus all families
>> are infected even new ones added.
>>
>> EA games suggested the usual - update drivers, check machine spec with
> game spec, make sure all background programmes are closed. I
>> have done all this. My computer is way above the recommended spec. I
> have no cheats running, no downloads etc, just the original
>> Sims 2 CD game.
>>
>> Do you remember the film 'Groundhog Day' - well its like that. Unless I
> want to play the same day over and over again, I just cant
>> move on.
>>
>> Amanda
>>
>>
>
>
Anonymous
June 1, 2005 3:34:30 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Well, if Downloads is empty, then it's not going to be any custom content
like a hack. Downloads is where the game sticks stuff when you install a
house or lot or sim. If you've done everything Maxis suggests - which is
usually to do with freeing up memory then my only suggestion is that you
have a corrupted game file somewhere that is causing the game to crash when
the sims age at 18.00 (6pm) every night. You say your computer is way above
minimum spec - what's your RAM and video card memory (just checking)?
Because it might just be a memory thing.

Best wishes
Maxon

"Amanda" <amanda@everitt.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
news:D 7iaas$cb1$1@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk...
> I have never downloaded anything related to Sims and the download folder
is empty. If something has been downloaded without my
> knowledge I am not sure how to find it but this has now infected all
families. I am stuck - EA Games just no help.
>
> Thanks for your replys
Anonymous
June 2, 2005 12:03:37 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

EA Games have now also suggested corrupted game files and suggested resetting the neighbourhood files, which I will try, although I
loose all my families, but if I cant play them anyway I dont mind. I will see how I get on with that.

Thanks


"Maxon" <jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote in message news:a3hne.4691$s25.3713@newsfe1-win.ntli.net...
> Well, if Downloads is empty, then it's not going to be any custom content
> like a hack. Downloads is where the game sticks stuff when you install a
> house or lot or sim. If you've done everything Maxis suggests - which is
> usually to do with freeing up memory then my only suggestion is that you
> have a corrupted game file somewhere that is causing the game to crash when
> the sims age at 18.00 (6pm) every night. You say your computer is way above
> minimum spec - what's your RAM and video card memory (just checking)?
> Because it might just be a memory thing.
>
> Best wishes
> Maxon
>
> "Amanda" <amanda@everitt.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:D 7iaas$cb1$1@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk...
>> I have never downloaded anything related to Sims and the download folder
> is empty. If something has been downloaded without my
>> knowledge I am not sure how to find it but this has now infected all
> families. I am stuck - EA Games just no help.
>>
>> Thanks for your replys
>
>
!