Intel D915GVA BIOS Problem (Help Please)

Keiki646

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008
This is the first time I ever ran into some trouble install the BIOS onto a Intel motherboard. My friend just got a Intel 775 D915GVA MOBO
I install everything in the computer and now I am trying to load up the BIOS from the Floppy. I Shut off the computer and unplug the power cord and remove the jumper from the mobo and insert the floppy in the Drive A and plug the power back in and start up.

But the Green light stays on and i wait for 15 minutes, shut off computer, unplug power cord and replace the jumper back in 1 and 2 jumper and start up.
I wait a moment to see what happen and nothing. The green light on the floppy stay green and doesn't flash twice to let me know it's done or beeps

Like I said before, This is the first time I ran into trouble doing this. I've installed many mobo in my life time and never ran into trouble.

I have a guide as well. Please help me if you can ......thank you

I always use a win98 bootdisk to install a bios file. I wouldn't do it blind. I use a separate floppy for the bios file, and insert it after using the boot disk. Several websites will make you one for free. It takes 2 minutes to install a new bios file this way, and you can save the old one in case the new one is faulty or has fewer overclocking settings. Lately, I use the windows flash programs as I no longer have a floppy. Most work fine, especially the msi live update.

Keiki646

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008
Well in the last few days I have been doing some test on the hardware for the computer and come to find out that the memory is DOA... I've install other memory from another computer and it load up correctly....

Now I have to send the memory back.

this is the end of this topic