Sign in with
Your question

Cpu fan error problem

Last response: in Overclocking
June 17, 2011 3:36:30 PM

Hey everyone, i recently installed a new cooler (cool master hyper 212 plus). The fan is running fine and and the q fan control is working too, but ever couple of boots i get a warning that there is a cpu fan error even though the fan is spinning and the temperatures are fine. Anyway I've read that some motherboards do this since the aftermarket coolers spin a lot slower than their stock counterparts. Is this what's going? and how can i stop these errors from appearing without turning of q-fan? (cause then this thing is just screaming at 2000rpm)

any advice is appreciated

sinbad

More about : cpu fan error problem

a c 160 à CPUs
a c 293 K Overclocking
June 17, 2011 8:34:37 PM

Hi.

Go to your BIOS and select "Default settings" let me know the results.
m
l
June 19, 2011 3:47:32 AM

did it, and it's not showing up with any errors so i guess the fan was just spinning to slowly then? only problem now is that the fan is screaming all the time since fan control isn't enabled by default.
m
l
Related resources
a c 160 à CPUs
a c 293 K Overclocking
June 19, 2011 4:51:25 AM

Enable fan control, if the error comes back, we can say that is a "false" error in your BIOS.
m
l
June 22, 2011 1:04:56 PM

i had a similar situation regarding this as i had recently installed an antec 620 liquid cooling system and it didn't not plug into the CPU fan on the mobo ( it was plugged into the "chassis fan" instead.

you need to go into your BIOS settings and look into power management. the cpu should currently show "n/a". you need to change this to disabled.

this should solve your problem.
m
l
!