Sign in with
Your question

GA-P55M-UD4 and Xeon X3440 - no post

Last response: in Motherboards
December 16, 2009 3:56:13 AM

I am assembling a new rig, and using these two components, the board starts, but after a few seconds, all fans stop, and it resets, no post, and the whole process begins again.
Any ideas would be appreciated, I expected BIOS to recognize it, is this the problem, or something else?
Thanks,
Gino
December 16, 2009 4:49:47 PM

I was reading elsewhere, that since it's 1156, i7 core, it should be recognized... No BIOS update for this one?
m
l
Related resources
December 23, 2009 2:19:27 AM

OK, have some updates, Xeon works just fine in these motherboards, highly recommended. My problem was (after a few hours of try an error) - stupid reset switch in the case, while connected to the MB, was not letting it boot! Found it by disconnecting everything by coincidence!
m
l
January 30, 2010 1:29:23 PM

GinoDivx said:
OK, have some updates, Xeon works just fine in these motherboards, highly recommended. My problem was (after a few hours of try an error) - stupid reset switch in the case, while connected to the MB, was not letting it boot! Found it by disconnecting everything by coincidence!

I'm having a similiar problem as you. I've build a pc with a ga-p55m-ud4 motherboard and an iCore i5 750. When I press the power button of the case, the board starts for 0.5 - 1 seconds and shuts down. After 2 seconds the process begins again. No post no bios... I've tried to disconnect the 'reset SW' cable on the board but it won't help. Do you have any advice? Thanks.
m
l
January 31, 2010 11:51:57 PM

jorritgijs said:
I'm having a similiar problem as you. I've build a pc with a ga-p55m-ud4 motherboard and an iCore i5 750. When I press the power button of the case, the board starts for 0.5 - 1 seconds and shuts down. After 2 seconds the process begins again. No post no bios... I've tried to disconnect the 'reset SW' cable on the board but it won't help. Do you have any advice? Thanks.

Re-seat your processor and check if any damaged contact pins, make sure the motherboard mounting holes did not apply any washers came with the chassis. Do not twist the power cable from PSU too much.
m
l
!