AMD Phenom II x4 cpu question

wasabi91

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2010
Hi guys, i just bought a new motherboard
ASUS AMD Socket AM3 790X/SB750 New Generation 8+2 Phase Power Design ATX DDR3 1066 Motherboard M4A79XTD EVO
and i plan on buying the AMD Phenom II x4 955 or 965 and i was wondering if anyone could help me find a cpu fan that will keep my cpu cool, has a 4 pin plugin, isnt over 6.5 inches in height, and i would like one that i can install without removing the backplate off my motherboard.

Feel free to post any suggestions
Thanks

Sorry for the delay in my response. The OEM CPU fan will perform adequately-even under considerably high loads - as long as you're not overclocking. The reason why overclocking increases CPU temps is because often times, the voltage is increased to support the higher clock cycles. Naturally, with more heat, more cooling is needed.

As far as the 120mm fans go, make sure you have at least one intake fan and one exhaust fan. Where they're placed is relative to the case and form factor, but in a typical ATX case, the intake fan is placed at the bottom of the front, while the exhaust is generally at the top of the rear, just below the PSU. This is because cold air is denser than hot air, and thus sinks, while hot air rises, and you want the cold air to be sucked in, with the hot air being blown out.