What is wrong with aluminum radiators???

D

Deleted member 362816

what is wrong with them and why do people keep telling me not to buy them over copper ones, Isnt there fluid additives that will stop rust?

Solution
ok looks like you don't want to cooperate ..no additional info ,here is what you stand on as far as i can tell the difference CPU/GPU temp is right
you have enough RAD space for what you running at your clock..
air ~27C
water~50C way to high __A/W delta 23C__
your flow is bad ,less flow -water will heat up
now, before you start buying new rads,open up your blocks clean them,clean your RADs
drop 140MM to the bottom of the case /let the 360 bread some air(that 140 is like 30FPI)
apply MX-2 on CPU block,install all your components except one ..your pump/res
spend some money on good fans and get yourself new pump
good luck

P.S. next time when you have bad temps with your set up ..start the thread "what's wrong with my temps"

good luck...
I'm currently researching water in preparation for my first wetbuild as you know Cia (Have Xspc Rasa RX240 kit all ready to go)
and one of the common issues I'm seeing is mixed metals in loops,
I'd rather avoid ally components altogether than have to take further measures to help avoid problems,
too much hassle and another thing to potentially go wrong so I would stick with as few mixed metals in there as I could
Moto

The aluminum and (specifically) copper in mixed loops like Moto mentioned above naturally undergo Galvanic Corrosion: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galvanic_corrosion

Technically only Iron will rust, so any additives that prevent rust specifically will be useless because rusting is an oxidation process, and most loops don't have any iron/iron alloys (i.e. steel).

The result in watercooling loops is something like this: http://www.overclock.net/water-cooling/141512-mixing-aluminum-copper-waterloop.html

D

Deleted member 362816

They said thats what happens after a few years I can save alot of money by buying a koolance kit 480 rad-shroud-fans comes prefab, so is it really that bad of an idea to buy it?

D

Deleted member 362816

My blocks for gpu and cpu are 100% coated in nickle will this not work with alumiunum nickle isnt copper lol!

D

Deleted member 362816

Wow your an demeaning person, A few years ago like when I was 8 lol, if you cant be nice I don't want your help stay out of my thread please, and this has been reported to the admins.

Actually Ortoklaz is one of the most respected and knowledgeable W/c people on here I thought that last post was out of character for him to be honest,
But I think maybe his patience is wearing a little thin,
I'm not defending anyone here or taking sides, but if Ortoklaz tells you something watercooling related, its becuase he knows,

Moto

D

Deleted member 362816

Im sorry. that i am asking this many question im in a bind if i cut my case i will void warranty lol, Im going to start a new thread i would really like you expert in water-cooling to tell me what you think.

ortoklaz

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
don't need to start the new one..fire away

EDIT; that's what you get from running mixed metals in your loop
http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=628142
anticorrosives could do the trick but you would need a large amount of them in your water. That would hinder performance as well, as compared to distilled water,glycol based premixed coolants can clog your CPU jet plate in no time ,there are few that are not Glycol based like Thermochill EC6 or Nanoxia both around 14~18$ 1000ML,any way you look at it the risks are not worth it at all

ortoklaz

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
This is stand alone complete unit if i remember correctly ,you can put this on top of you case,is it good ?.. not by LC enthusiast-lazy man unit ,for the same amount you can build your own that will own this kit any day

What case do you have and what are you cooling?
You should be able to build a loop without much/any modifications at all. Really the most difficult part would be figuring out where to put the radiators. You can get one of XSPC's bay reservoirs and put the pump in there as well, minimizing the footprint of the system.

ortoklaz

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010

if it's a copper (this would change few things) and you like it that much ..go for it,here is the reason
_ this unit comes with sweet pump PMP-400,you can change the tubing (match ID size) from what you running right now and connect all your RADs or run two loops ,make sure it's copper

D

Deleted member 362816

according to KL they said that if i used there copper nickel plated blocks like i have it will not corrode this true or are they full of it?