Sign in with
Your question

FATAL ERROR: Unable to locate necessary table

Last response: in Motherboards
December 16, 2009 2:27:44 PM

Hi, I am having a problem that I can't find on google. During post, Immediately before windows is loaded, I receive the error FATAL ERROR: Unable to locate necessary tables. Press any key to continue booting. I did a bios flash, and that didn't change anything. I also pushed the cmos reset button, reset time/date. Should I have removed the battery? Or does the reset button reset everything to default? Other than the error popping up, everything else appears to be working fine. when I continue booting, windows loads fine. I thing the bios is compaq, the board is HP D330 ST. Ayone know how to get rid of this error? Or how to reset/reload defaults for whatever tables are missing? Thanks in advance for any help. Chad
March 1, 2010 9:55:36 PM

i had same prob... corrupted MBR
install EasyBCD 1.7.2...
then click manage bootloader tab in EasyBCD 1.7.2
click write mbr button

reboot see if it works
April 3, 2010 5:41:24 PM

Not sure that that's the issue, I've reformatted the drive and reset the bios, still get the same error. It's something in CMOS
Related resources
April 5, 2010 12:05:35 AM

did u try it?
April 17, 2010 3:11:37 PM

did u ever try it? i know what it is... if u unplug you boot drive an power on the error is no longer there..... the problem is that windows 7 / vista write a string it creates from your bios to the boot sector.... its something to do with windows validation...
April 27, 2010 12:46:48 AM

Hi Guys, I think this one is toast. EasyBCD didn't fix the problem. I have tried 2 different hard drives in it as c:, and after formatting and installing XP, I get "Hard Drive Detects Immenent Failure" on both drives. I got Xp to run, but the 2.2 GHZ intel celeron is acting more like a 200MHZ pentium II. The memory is not even running at speed. 1.5 Gig of 400mhz DDR, running at 266 MHZ. FSB is 800Mghz. It is now the slowest PC I have ever had. Not sure what happened to it. Would have been a nice work/testing machine. Think the processor could be burnt up? Could that damage the HD? I can get a 3.2 Ghz pentium 4 with Hyperthreading for it for $45.00. I'm a certified tech, and I can't figure it out. any ideas? Thanks for staying with me on this one, and sorry it took so long to reply.
May 7, 2010 4:57:22 PM

Still never figured this out. Anyone have ideas?
!