TS2 Sims can't live off "Instant Meals!!"

Hi

Have an odd problem with the Sims 2, and University..
All that is under the fridge option for food was Instant Meal. I had an
oven, a microwave and spare counters so that wasn't the problem
The sim in question has 4 cooking skill points..
Went on Mod the Sims2 but didnt find anything, thought it might have been a
known bug, though I haven't seen it mentioned in this NG.
Anyone else had this problem

Thanks in advance
Julia
8 answers Last reply
More about sims live instant meals

    "Julia" <julia.suzanne@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > Have an odd problem with the Sims 2, and University..
    > All that is under the fridge option for food was Instant Meal. I had an
    > oven, a microwave and spare counters so that wasn't the problem
    > The sim in question has 4 cooking skill points..

    Hi,

    If you have the 'Shiny Tyme Cooktop you can only cook certain meals (no oven
    meals).
    HTH

    Regards
    Kathryn

    Also. I have noticed that sometimes I get only the instant meal option when
    the Sim is either at work (and I'm queuing hometime tasks) or on another
    floor. Taking the Sim into the kitchen before clicking on the stove brings
    back the option to cook properly available meals for me.

    --
    Morituri Nolumus Mori

    MM

    "Kathryn" <kes65@removethisbitbtopenworld.com> wrote in message

    > "Julia" <julia.suzanne@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > Have an odd problem with the Sims 2, and University..
    > > All that is under the fridge option for food was Instant Meal. I had an
    > > oven, a microwave and spare counters so that wasn't the problem
    > > The sim in question has 4 cooking skill points..
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    > If you have the 'Shiny Tyme Cooktop you can only cook certain meals (no
    oven
    > meals).
    > HTH
    >
    > Regards
    > Kathryn

    I had this same problem & wrote about it on MTS2, but I can't remember what
    I determined & I can't find the post anymore. I think I removed all the
    hacks figuring one of them caused it. Then I added them back one by one and
    the problem was solved - even with the same hacks! Since then I only have
    the problem when a sim is at work or school. All the other options return
    when they get back on the lot.

    Sorry I couldn't help more.

    Chris

    "Julia" <julia.suzanne@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > Have an odd problem with the Sims 2, and University..
    > All that is under the fridge option for food was Instant Meal. I had an
    > oven, a microwave and spare counters so that wasn't the problem
    > The sim in question has 4 cooking skill points..
    > Went on Mod the Sims2 but didnt find anything, thought it might have been
    > known bug, though I haven't seen it mentioned in this NG.
    > Anyone else had this problem
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    > Julia

    On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 00:02:20 GMT, "Madame Mim"
    <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote:

    >Also. I have noticed that sometimes I get only the instant meal option when
    >the Sim is either at work (and I'm queuing hometime tasks) or on another

    Or in their dorm rooms, is what I've noticed...

    Hi

    Thanks to all that replied,
    I found that if I told the Sim to go in the kitchen, I got all the options,
    funny this didnt happen before University..

    Julia

    "Chris O'Malley" <omalleyc3@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >I had this same problem & wrote about it on MTS2, but I can't remember what
    > I determined & I can't find the post anymore. I think I removed all the
    > hacks figuring one of them caused it. Then I added them back one by one
    > and
    > the problem was solved - even with the same hacks! Since then I only have
    > the problem when a sim is at work or school. All the other options return
    > when they get back on the lot.
    >
    > Sorry I couldn't help more.
    >
    > Chris
    >
    > "Julia" <julia.suzanne@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> Have an odd problem with the Sims 2, and University..
    >> All that is under the fridge option for food was Instant Meal. I had an
    >> oven, a microwave and spare counters so that wasn't the problem
    >> The sim in question has 4 cooking skill points..
    >> Went on Mod the Sims2 but didnt find anything, thought it might have been
    >> known bug, though I haven't seen it mentioned in this NG.
    >> Anyone else had this problem
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance
    >> Julia

    No, it definitely didn't!

    --
    Morituri Nolumus Mori

    MM

    > Hi
    >
    > Thanks to all that replied,
    > I found that if I told the Sim to go in the kitchen, I got all the
    options,
    > funny this didnt happen before University..
    >
    > Julia
    >
    > "Chris O'Malley" <omalleyc3@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > >I had this same problem & wrote about it on MTS2, but I can't remember
    what
    > > I determined & I can't find the post anymore. I think I removed all the
    > > hacks figuring one of them caused it. Then I added them back one by one
    > > and
    > > the problem was solved - even with the same hacks! Since then I only
    have
    > > the problem when a sim is at work or school. All the other options
    return
    > > when they get back on the lot.
    > >
    > > Sorry I couldn't help more.
    > >
    > > Chris
    > >
    > > "Julia" <julia.suzanne@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > >> Hi
    > >>
    > >> Have an odd problem with the Sims 2, and University..
    > >> All that is under the fridge option for food was Instant Meal. I had an
    > >> oven, a microwave and spare counters so that wasn't the problem
    > >> The sim in question has 4 cooking skill points..
    > >> Went on Mod the Sims2 but didnt find anything, thought it might have
    been
    > >> known bug, though I haven't seen it mentioned in this NG.
    > >> Anyone else had this problem
    > >>
    > >> Thanks in advance
    > >> Julia

    On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 07:30:41 GMT, "Julia"
    <julia.suzanne@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >Thanks to all that replied,
    >I found that if I told the Sim to go in the kitchen, I got all the options,
    >funny this didnt happen before University..

    That's no surprise. Every time Maxis make an expansion, they give us
    new bugs - and with University the bugs are more exciting than the
    gameplay:-)

    I haven't had this problem, but I did once
    have a teen who maxed out her cooking skill before
    reaching adulthood. Once she turned into an adult,
    she was only able to cook a very few things, even though
    she had full cooking skills. I had to go in with SimEnhancer
    and change her to a level 9 cooking skill, then have her
    earn that last skill point again. This was before University.
    I've never had it happen before or since.

    Laura

Sims Games Video Games