1440x900 is not an option?

Hello all,

I have a strange issue. I have a 20" monitor that has a native res of 1680x1050, but I would like to run some of my games in 1440x900. The issue is, is that 1440x900 does not show up anywhere in my games or my drivers. I have ran that res before with the vid card and monitor, but the difference now is that I am running Win 7 64bit RC1 and newer drivers, which I have been running for a while, but just never came across a want or need to run the 1440x900 res until now.

System is in the sig, and like I said. W7 RC1 64 with all updates and nvidia drivers 186.18

Things I have tried:

1) Uninstall and reinstall of drivers using driver cleaner / sweeper / manual deletion of all files and folders
2) System restore to earlier point and then reinstall drivers with the same methods

I have searched around google and cant seem to find a solution.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance. Oh and P.S. I have found a way to get punkbuster working with the 7100 RC1 build if anyone would like to know. The solution may deserve a sticki or something, if it isn't already widely known.

Best,

3Ball
4 answers Last reply
More about 1440x900 option
  1. Are you trying to run these games full screen or in windowed mode?
  2. Fullscreen

Best,

3Ball
  3. i've been able to force resolution in some games...

what you do is open properties for a shortcut to a game and add +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1440 +szy 900 to the target

for example "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Battlefield 2142\BF2142.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1440 +szy 900

i am not sure for how many games it works, but it works for all the battlefields
  4. xc0mmiex said:
    i've been able to force resolution in some games...

what you do is open properties for a shortcut to a game and add +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1440 +szy 900 to the target

for example "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Battlefield 2142\BF2142.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1440 +szy 900

i am not sure for how many games it works, but it works for all the battlefields

Yea I do that for BF as well. I have one game that shows the 1440x900, though its not a game I need to run at that. When I do, the screen is very screwed and doesnt fit correctly. I guess its an issue that needs to be resolved in a future driver release or format. Thx for the replies guys.

Best,

3Ball
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Drivers Monitors Graphics