Sign in with
Your question
Solved

adding storage to RC410 M ..incompabilities ?

Last response: in Motherboards
December 16, 2009 6:35:52 PM

are there ne incompatibility issues if I add 1TB sata HDD on RC410M ,ApestropeGL8E (Compaq Presario 1928IL) mobo..read sumwhere that such huge HDDs cant be added to older mobos coz of limitations on max transfer speed..
a b V Motherboard
December 17, 2009 4:57:57 AM

Presario 1928 is a notebook computer, not a tower computer that would accept the RC410-M. And the mobo codename is Asterope-GL8E, not ApestropeG8.

Probably not a good idea to use a drive that large on an older computer or mobo BIOS.
m
l
December 17, 2009 6:02:01 AM

oh...srry for dat mis-information..its indeed Asterope GL8E but my system is a tower desktop for sure,bought in India. ne idea on maximum data transfer speeds it can support will be helpful.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
December 17, 2009 6:52:04 PM

The motherboard supports SATA 1.5 Gbps, but 3.0 Gbps drives should be compatible, they will just work at the lower speed. Due to the age of the BIOS, I would not recommend attempting to use drives as large as 1TB. I would stay under 750GB (e.g. 640GB or 500GB).

If you encounter any problems, the latest BIOS may (or may not) help:

RC410-M Motherboard BIOS Update
December 17, 2009 7:07:19 PM

tcsenter said:
The motherboard supports SATA 1.5 Gbps, but 3.0 Gbps drives should be compatible, they will just work at the lower speed. Due to the age of the BIOS, I would not recommend attempting to use drives as large as 1TB. I would stay under 750GB (e.g. 640GB or 500GB).

If you encounter any problems, the latest BIOS may (or may not) help:

RC410-M Motherboard BIOS Update

thnxx a ton. nw i hv changed my plans and thinking of investing in an external usb type 1 TB to be sure of compatibility at the cost of lower transfer speeds
m
l
!