Migrating Sims2 To Another PC - Transfering Game

kim

I am moving my Sims 2 Onto another PC. Is it possible to move my
existing games/neighbourhoods over to it as well. Instead of having to
start a game from the start again?

Thank you

Yes, I think you can just save your neighbourhoods folder and Downloads
folder which will transfer across any families, lots, neighbourhoods and
custom content. If you want to be sure you get *everything*, you can make a
copy of all the files and folders from My Documents. You might also have
saved stuff in Saved Sims and Projects if you're making your own stuff;
where else? Ummm - oh, Collections, SC4 Terrains, Packaged Lots (again if
you've been making your own). And then anything in Music (assuming you've
put stuff in there), Movies and Storytelling you want to keep. Plus you
might have a Remove the Blur patch in Config (it's usually the file called
UserStartUp.cheat). I'm sure someone here has done it successfully and I'm
sure they can tell you exactly how.

Best wishes
Maxon

"Kim" <kim_l_rayment@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I am moving my Sims 2 Onto another PC. Is it possible to move my
> existing games/neighbourhoods over to it as well. Instead of having to
> start a game from the start again?
>
> Thank you

strider

On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 11:57:47 +0100, Kim <kim_l_rayment@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>I am moving my Sims 2 Onto another PC. Is it possible to move my
>existing games/neighbourhoods over to it as well. Instead of having to
>start a game from the start again?

Yes, you can move everything in the My documents\EA Games\The Sims 2
to the other machine. If you don't have custom stuff or downloads you
only need to move the Neighborhood folder. At least that works for me.