Samsung HD204UI doesn't wake from sleep

natrap

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2007
Every night I put my computer to sleep. The drive sometimes doesn't appear when I wake the computer (it's obviously not the boot drive). It happened every time at first so I upgraded the firmware even though the drive is dated 1/11. I thought this solved the problem because for about a week it was fine. Then this morning it happened again.

The drive didn't appear in Disk Management or Device Manager. From touching the drive it feels like it is not spinning/not powered up.

I left for the day leaving the computer on and when I returned the drive was hot and spinning and appears in Device Manager but still not in Disk Management.

On the Volumes tab of the drive Properties from Device Manager when I click Populate it says "Volume information for this disk cannot be found."

The only thing I can do is reboot.

Drive is in AHCI mode if that matters.

Anyone got any ideas? Just a faulty drive?

Extracted below is the System Event Log (I've ommitted multiple entries).

Error Service Control Manager 7011 A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the SysMain service.
Error Service Control Manager 7011 A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the TrkWks service.
Error PlugPlayManager 12 The device 'SAMSUNG HD204UI ATA Device' (IDE\DiskSAMSUNG_HD204UI_________________________1AQ10001\5&35bcbcff&0&4.0.0) disappeared from the system without first being prepared for removal.
Warning disk 51 An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk1\DR1 during a paging operation.
Warning volmgr 57 The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur.
Warning disk 51 An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk1\DR1 during a paging operation.
Warning volmgr 57 The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur.
Error disk 15 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\DR1, is not ready for access yet.
Error atapi 11 The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Ide\IdePort4.
Warning Ntfs 141 {Delayed Write Failed} Windows was unable to save all the data for the file T:\$Mft; the data has been lost. This error may be caused if the device has been removed or the media is write-protected.
Error disk 15 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\DR1, is not ready for access yet.
Information Application Popup 26 Application popup: Windows – Delayed Write Failed : Exception Processing Message 0xc000a082 Parameters 0x75B491B0 0x75B491B0 0x75B491B0 0x75B491B0