Sign in with
Your question

M3A32-MVP Deluxe beep codes

Last response: in Motherboards
December 16, 2009 10:59:09 PM

I am unable to POST, and get no video signal. Also, I get three beeps: a long beep, then two short beeps. I read somewhere that it means that something is wrong with the video card (which worked before a memory replacement), but I get the same error code and loss of signal with:

New video card, new RAM
New video card, no RAM
Old video card, old RAM
No video card, new RAM
New video card, half of new RAM (2x2GB sticks)

I cannot find a list of beep codes for the M3A32-MVP Deluxe, so I'm asking here.

Corsair TX750w
XFX Radeon HD 5870
8GB G.Skill DDR2-1066 (not known what speed due to inability to POST)
December 16, 2009 11:59:37 PM

I have the same board and iv had that beep in the past. I did the one component at a time test and im sure its cpu related.
Try reseatin the cpu and make sure its heat sink is secure.
m
l
December 17, 2009 12:35:30 AM

Well, with the original configuration (GTX 295, 4GB RAM), this did not happen. I replaced the 295 with the 5870, and it POSTed then booted into Windows. I replaced the 4GB with the 8GB, and then the problems started. I don't know why it could be the CPU but I'll try anyway.

Edit: Nope, did nothing. Anyway, thanks for the reply.
m
l
December 17, 2009 7:36:24 PM

OK, sometimes you get lucky with just testing one component, but obviously that didnt work this time.

Take it all apart, put your motherboard on your desk (wooden) and connect 1 part at a time.

PSU first, assuming cpu and hsf are already installed.
1 stick of ram till you know that atleast 1 stick works. Using the tested 1 stick, add other components, such as the gpu, hd, cd/dvd etc.

Theres a thread which explains all fully, I will try finding it, I think its been stickied as well (hopefully).
m
l
!