M3A32-MVP Deluxe beep codes

I am unable to POST, and get no video signal. Also, I get three beeps: a long beep, then two short beeps. I read somewhere that it means that something is wrong with the video card (which worked before a memory replacement), but I get the same error code and loss of signal with:

New video card, new RAM
New video card, no RAM
Old video card, old RAM
No video card, new RAM
New video card, half of new RAM (2x2GB sticks)

I cannot find a list of beep codes for the M3A32-MVP Deluxe, so I'm asking here.

Corsair TX750w
XFX Radeon HD 5870
8GB G.Skill DDR2-1066 (not known what speed due to inability to POST)
3 answers Last reply
More about m3a32 deluxe beep codes
  1. I have the same board and iv had that beep in the past. I did the one component at a time test and im sure its cpu related.
    Try reseatin the cpu and make sure its heat sink is secure.
  2. Well, with the original configuration (GTX 295, 4GB RAM), this did not happen. I replaced the 295 with the 5870, and it POSTed then booted into Windows. I replaced the 4GB with the 8GB, and then the problems started. I don't know why it could be the CPU but I'll try anyway.

Edit: Nope, did nothing. Anyway, thanks for the reply.
  3. OK, sometimes you get lucky with just testing one component, but obviously that didnt work this time.

Take it all apart, put your motherboard on your desk (wooden) and connect 1 part at a time.

PSU first, assuming cpu and hsf are already installed.
    1 stick of ram till you know that atleast 1 stick works. Using the tested 1 stick, add other components, such as the gpu, hd, cd/dvd etc.

Theres a thread which explains all fully, I will try finding it, I think its been stickied as well (hopefully).
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Graphics Cards Motherboards