thetraveler359

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2011
Hi,
I can't seem to find any guides for overclocking GPUs, let alone the GTX 570 I want to OC. I was told it's pretty straight forward, but can't find info on how to do it right and to safe safe levels. Can anyone recommend anything or guide me on how to do it? Thank you very much.

Pearlmam

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2011
Have you Googled the phrase "overclocking GPU" there are a ton of guides. Read a few of those no matter how outdated, then download msi Afterburner or EVGA precicion and start tweaking. Long as you don't touch the voltages and your temperatures are below 80 degrees, 70 degress by my standards, you'll be safe. Don't touch the voltages until your comfortable.

IAreKyleW00t

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2010
Like Pearlman said, you should Google it first. There's tons of guides out there. But here's what I would do.

1. Download MSI Afterburner to Overclock with.

2. Download FurMark AND Unigine Heaven Benchmark

3. Slowly start to move the CPU Clock OR the Memory Clock. Only do one of those at a time so you know what's making it become unstable or not.

4. Move up in increments of 10MHz or 25MHz. After each time, I would run FurMark for at least 5 minutes. That will show you the highest temp and you can quickly check for artifacts (strange colors/things appearing on the screen).

5. Once you've reached a spot you comfortable with and is stable for the 5 minute FurMark; Run FurMark for 20 Minutes. (If you want, but I recommend).

6. Then, run the Unigine Heaven Benchmark all the way through. Put the settings at DX11 (if you have it), AAx4, Anti-Aliasing x16, tessellation is normal. Then set it to the Highest resolution you have, and keep it in Full screen.
It MUST run through the whole benchmark or else (in my eyes) it's no good.

7. Lastly, Play the highest-graphic game you have for the amount of time you normally do (an 1 or 2 if you can). If it all works and you get no errors or black-screens then your good!

That's what I did, and my overclock is perfectly stable. Hope that helped.