Sign in with
Your question

Another gtx260 problem =(

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 14, 2009 12:49:36 AM

Alright well first off, hi! im a brand new member.

This is a new build and nothing has been OC'ed

Intel Q9550
Gigabyte ep45-ud3r mobo
corsair hx520 psu
evga gtx 260 (one of those 216core OC'ed ones)
NZXT Tempest case
Win XP SP3
And 4gb of ram (g.skill 2x2)

Im sure this issue has been beaten to death by now cuz I've read several similar threads, so sorry in advance =(

But anyway I'm getting freezes leading to a black screen while playing sims 3 and black & white 2 for a few mins. cpu and monitor stay on though. it did this with the drivers that came with the video card and also with the latest drivers that I downloaded. I've also tried to patch both games.

As far as temps go, I use evga precision and on auto fan speeds its about 50c idle and mid to high 70c's on just those 2 games mentioned above (scary to think what it would be if i played something more demanding). When i raise the fan speed to about 70%, idle drops to around 40c and tops out at 70 while in game.. yet i still get the same freeze up leading to black screen. I also made sure the version of evga precision was up to date

I think I've exhausted all possible remedies to no success. Any suggestions or questions about my build to help you suggest anything? Or does this sound like an rma candidate?

More about : gtx260 problem

a c 235 U Graphics card
July 14, 2009 3:45:25 AM

i have been seeing similar threads with other games and they all state they are played on evga 200 series GPU. Try the evga, nvidia, or game tech sites. You may have more luck.
!