Give up, just give up now.....

Ok, I liked to think I was handy with tools, and that my modding 'can do' spirit was strong, I believed in myself and my modding abilities,
then I saw this.......
http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=744914
Game over man, game over...
this guy has the attitude, the tools, the huge space and time to watercool anything and everything in sight, I bow most seriously and deferentially to his spirit and ability,
One day I'll have a garage/workshop, one day.....
Moto

Wow, thats alot of time and effort, that guy has huge nuts!

Although IMO if your going to spend that much time and effort building something unique atleast make it look awesome or perform better than anything else, IMO it looks messy and the performance is fairly average for watercooling.

If its just for fun then fair enough but if it was me I'd either be going for looks or performance (or maybe both!)

Oh the styling is obviously something to work on in my opinion as well,
but if the guy has the ability to do all that, the trimmings are only so far away for him,
I did wonder about the exchanger having that joining bar though, messing up the flowrate imo, I'd have had it all in sequence and that would've helped a lot, you cant tell how much water is just sat there not moving
Moto

Very true, if he's got the skill to design and build his own watercooling then I'm sure some cable braiding and spray painting would be easy for him.

The design looks like it would kill the flow rate (so many tiny tubes and like you said the bars on the exchanger) but his temps are ok so I guess the flow is fine.

sportsfanboy

Distinguished
That radiator could cool a small motorcycle,lol. I actually laughed a little when I saw all those tubes hanging from the tower. I want to know where people get the time to do this stuff,dang.

Its the creation of an idea I find appealing,
I find when I think of a mod, I'll plan it, then when I start it evolves, then when its 'finished' I see another thing or a way to make it 'better' lol, once he had the thing built I bet he thought, hmmm, now what if I?......
Moto

king_maliken

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2011
lol... I feel old, i remember reading this on both tom's and engadget years back. Good times, he actually inspired to make my own parts, now with my CNC machine you can make so much more complex designed blocks.

He's the man who inspired me, I will always have but the greatest respect for him.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Yeah, I remember those posts...Tom's has actually posted some of those same PC's a couple of different times over the years. You can find some great ideas of stuff to try if you look around and have a decent idea of watercooling. On OCN and Xtremesystems forums there are always these kinds of projects going on...interesting to read and see how they go about it and their results.