Sign in with
Your question

Help, (c:\documents and) folder created while using an sd card

Last response: in Windows XP
November 30, 2011 11:00:06 AM

Hello,

Two weeks ago I inserted an SD card through a USB adapter into my Windows XP SP3 computer.

Ever since, when I start the computer a folder opens on the desktop (c:\documents and)....not documents and settings. The folder is empty and was created the same day I used the SD card and adapter for the first time.

I assume a virus of some kind, but Norton does not find it, please help.
December 6, 2011 4:13:32 AM

Flamer97 said:
Hello,

Two weeks ago I inserted an SD card through a USB adapter into my Windows XP SP3 computer.

Ever since, when I start the computer a folder opens on the desktop (c:\documents and)....not documents and settings. The folder is empty and was created the same day I used the SD card and adapter for the first time.

I assume a virus of some kind, but Norton does not find it, please help.

Hello;
This may be due to some virus ( newfolder.exe ). this is the common problem with memory card b'coz card are easily infected by this and when u use it with computer your device gets infected. Use latest updated AVG anti-virus for this.
m
l
December 15, 2011 11:44:20 PM

Thanks, but I tried avg, still no success. I don't think I have newfolder.exe....but I have not tried deleting the folder. Maybe that is the way to check whether I have the virus??? Thanks again.
m
l
!