Sorry, not sure where to post this thread

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Graphics Cards
  • Motherboards
Last response: in CPUs
September 25, 2009 7:14:08 PM

hello,

i somewhat recently finished building my first PC and, aside from some graphics card malfunctions, it was a pretty fun experience. my motherboard seems to be running pretty hot (according to pc probe II) at 55 degrees C. not sure if this is a big deal, but i decided i want to do something about it.

after seeing this i decided i want to liquid cool my PC (partly to cool the motherboard down, and partly for the experience). the thing is, i have a amd phen II x4 BE, and I can't seem to find any socket am3 waterblocks. maybe i'm just blind. people say the best water cooling setups are ones with custom parts? i'm not sure what that means.

anyway, if someone could help me out as far as parts go it would be much appreciated.

More about : post thread

a b U Graphics card
September 25, 2009 9:15:23 PM

Are you sure the motherboard temp thing is a real problem? My motherboard sometimes gets up to 55C as well, but that doesn't trigger any alarms (so apparently ASUS thinks 55C is ok) and is caused by the fact that the temp sensor is located right underneath my graphics card.
m
l
September 25, 2009 9:25:07 PM

i'm not POSITIVE it's a problem, but the past few months it was on par with the cpu temps, and only this month has it really spiked up.
m
l
!