• Drivers
  • Nvidia
  • ATI
  • Graphics
  • Product
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
July 14, 2009 8:00:24 AM

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1433397/nvidia...
OK, sue me for the link, but give it a read. It appears nVidia is now renaming ATI drivers, and also, not done with renaming, it appears they may have just renamed the truth too :o 

More about : nvidia again

a b U Graphics card
July 14, 2009 8:34:13 AM

Even tho I preferr nVidia, I got a good chuckle out of that one. It's not so much a renamed ATI driver, as they crippled the X-Fire setup by using bad drivers. Yet another nVidia rename.
a b U Graphics card
July 14, 2009 8:59:59 AM

I just think, like the article said, if any so called journalist swallows this, theyre off my reading list. They sure made Asus look the fool, and slimed them pretty well, just to make them look better.
And its a wonder why nVidia has a hard time with many a company?
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
July 14, 2009 9:42:34 AM

Well they are trying to recover from the 8 series mobile disaster. But still, their benchies are so far off as to be laughable.
July 14, 2009 10:07:04 AM

The simple solution is to realize that nvidia is full of *** 90% of the time.

It made me laugh a bit though.
a b U Graphics card
July 14, 2009 11:38:30 AM

SS, Id add another again to the title, but I cant change it
July 14, 2009 11:56:18 AM

I wonder why nVidia looks like so much to my country comunist party (which lost the elections this time again, but used any dirty treats they could think of). However dirty tricks often turn over against you.

Sorry nVidia but your attitude drives people away from you, and you are loosing. I hope you don't die like 3dFx.
a b U Graphics card
July 14, 2009 12:08:57 PM

Me too. That would truly suck. Ive owned nVidia, and had great gaming on them, but some of the heavy handedness theyre still doing, and continue to use has to stop, and they just need to perform.
a b U Graphics card
July 14, 2009 2:26:05 PM

I hope they do die actually, I cannot abide cheating lying companies and Nvidia are even ahead of intel in that department.
a b U Graphics card
July 14, 2009 2:39:54 PM

Nvidia produces great products but needs to play fairly. I remember with the 8800ultra they charged over 600$+ because there was no competition which pissed me off and as well as when the gtx2xx was released (then suddenly the priced dropped ridiculously when ati unleashed 4xxx series). Oh ya not to mention the re-branding scheme. -_-
a b U Graphics card
July 14, 2009 3:07:58 PM

They've decided that the PR hit is worth it because so many people don't know/care about their dodgy behaviour. For every 1,000 that do know, 99,000 dont.
!