Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

renaming

Tags:
  • Video Games
Last response: in PC Gaming
Anonymous
June 1, 2005 4:34:56 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

i saw this was talked about the other day but.....is simPE the thing people
use to rename objects? i'd like to just change the names/descriptions in
the game so i can have all the sets named properly, if it's possible. i saw
someone said something about items going blue after renaming, can't remember
what was said and of course can't find the post.
thanks for any help!
alikka

More about : renaming

Anonymous
June 1, 2005 5:47:04 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Well first of all, if you mean by sets, recolors that people have done of
the default maxis objects, then renaming them will not help.
Each recolor is in the catalog under the object used in the recolor.
Yes, renaming the objects can cause the objects not to be usuable in the
game. The reason for this is because the name is incorporated into the
object when it is created and changing the name makes it unstable.
If you are interested in learning Simpe, I suggest you go to mts2 and start
learning how to use it.

Another suggestion........when in the game, make a collection of things that
go together. Like you have gotten a kitchen somewhere, just find one part
of it, then click the folder icon then create a new collection with that
object. After that you can add the matching objects to that collection.
Then when you need them, just open that collection in the game. Just FYI,
the previews for recolored objects in your game will show the default object
in your collection.

"alikka" <alikka@rogers.com> wrote in message
news:472a9$429de3b0$461a1539$28188@news.flashnewsgroups.com...
>i saw this was talked about the other day but.....is simPE the thing people
>use to rename objects? i'd like to just change the names/descriptions in
>the game so i can have all the sets named properly, if it's possible. i
>saw someone said something about items going blue after renaming, can't
>remember what was said and of course can't find the post.
> thanks for any help!
> alikka
>
Anonymous
June 1, 2005 6:04:29 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

yep that's exactly what i was asking. i looked at simPE and read through a
bit of the tutorial stuff they had on thier site....i dunno if i'm brave
enough for that. lol.

i have done the collection thing but was a lil disappointed. i was kinda
hoping that when i created a collection it would take it out of the other
object area. no i dea why i wanted that now...it seemed good at the time,
lol. the collection idea seems to be the best and only way to go if i want
sets together.
thanks for all the info bluegenie2!

alikka

"Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message
news:Ya2dnWLZHp4HaQDfRVn-qA@comcast.com...
> Well first of all, if you mean by sets, recolors that people have done of
> the default maxis objects, then renaming them will not help.
> Each recolor is in the catalog under the object used in the recolor.
> Yes, renaming the objects can cause the objects not to be usuable in the
> game. The reason for this is because the name is incorporated into the
> object when it is created and changing the name makes it unstable.
> If you are interested in learning Simpe, I suggest you go to mts2 and
> start learning how to use it.
>
> Another suggestion........when in the game, make a collection of things
> that go together. Like you have gotten a kitchen somewhere, just find one
> part of it, then click the folder icon then create a new collection with
> that object. After that you can add the matching objects to that
> collection. Then when you need them, just open that collection in the
> game. Just FYI, the previews for recolored objects in your game will show
> the default object in your collection.
>
> "alikka" <alikka@rogers.com> wrote in message
> news:472a9$429de3b0$461a1539$28188@news.flashnewsgroups.com...
>>i saw this was talked about the other day but.....is simPE the thing
>>people use to rename objects? i'd like to just change the
>>names/descriptions in the game so i can have all the sets named properly,
>>if it's possible. i saw someone said something about items going blue
>>after renaming, can't remember what was said and of course can't find the
>>post.
>> thanks for any help!
>> alikka
>>
>
>
Anonymous
June 2, 2005 6:21:08 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"alikka" <alikka@rogers.com> wrote in message
news:86995$429df8ad$461a1539$1128@news.flashnewsgroups.com...
> yep that's exactly what i was asking. i looked at simPE and read through
> a bit of the tutorial stuff they had on thier site....i dunno if i'm brave
> enough for that. lol.
>
> i have done the collection thing but was a lil disappointed. i was kinda
> hoping that when i created a collection it would take it out of the other
> object area. no i dea why i wanted that now...it seemed good at the time,
> lol. the collection idea seems to be the best and only way to go if i
> want sets together.
> thanks for all the info bluegenie2!
>
> alikka

Your welcome :) 


>
> "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message
> news:Ya2dnWLZHp4HaQDfRVn-qA@comcast.com...
>> Well first of all, if you mean by sets, recolors that people have done of
>> the default maxis objects, then renaming them will not help.
>> Each recolor is in the catalog under the object used in the recolor.
>> Yes, renaming the objects can cause the objects not to be usuable in the
>> game. The reason for this is because the name is incorporated into the
>> object when it is created and changing the name makes it unstable.
>> If you are interested in learning Simpe, I suggest you go to mts2 and
>> start learning how to use it.
>>
>> Another suggestion........when in the game, make a collection of things
>> that go together. Like you have gotten a kitchen somewhere, just find
>> one part of it, then click the folder icon then create a new collection
>> with that object. After that you can add the matching objects to that
>> collection. Then when you need them, just open that collection in the
>> game. Just FYI, the previews for recolored objects in your game will
>> show the default object in your collection.
>>
>> "alikka" <alikka@rogers.com> wrote in message
>> news:472a9$429de3b0$461a1539$28188@news.flashnewsgroups.com...
>>>i saw this was talked about the other day but.....is simPE the thing
>>>people use to rename objects? i'd like to just change the
>>>names/descriptions in the game so i can have all the sets named properly,
>>>if it's possible. i saw someone said something about items going blue
>>>after renaming, can't remember what was said and of course can't find the
>>>post.
>>> thanks for any help!
>>> alikka



>>>
>>
>>
>
>