Possible CPU upgrade for this board?

A few years ago I used a couple of this BIOSTAR I945G-M7 V2.X LGA 775 Intel 945G Micro ATX Intel Motherboard in some builds: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138040
On one, I used a Pentium D 925, and on another I used an e4300. I'd like to upgrade the CPU on the former, but Biostar's web site has nothing useful about this board (and no BIOS updates), and the CPU compatibility pages at http://www.cpu-upgrade.com/index.html don't include it either (but do have the v1.0 board). What is the most competent CPU I can expect to put on this board and have it work? The Newegg page says "Core 2 Duo," but the prior version doesn't list any Core2 CPUs.
Thanks for any insight.

Solution
I remember when C2D was released and a few of us here searched frantically to see if our 945G's supported C2D. Most of the MB distributors released a 'revision 2' 945G, ASUS, Gigabyte, etc. The newegg link to the Biostar board you have confirms the existence of the rev. 2 945G the company released for sale on newegg. The Biostar link apparently represents the original rev 1 board. ASUS just simply put the note on the MB product page *Only PCB R2.0(or higher) support Intel® Core™2 processor* . There was no new product page for the rev 2 which supported C2D's at ASUS either.
Well, I have an ASUS 945G running for many years. That board is a 'revision 1' and DOES NOT support C2D's. The 945G chipset was released late in production with a 'revision 2' which was supplied with updated voltage regulators to provide proper voltage to power 65nm C2D's. Absolutely no quads are supported on the 945G. If the board is a rev. 2 and supports C2D, it will be limited to 65nm, no 45nm C2D's.

Supports Pentium D dual cores. No mention of C2D's, so apparently that MB is a rev. 1 which does not support C2D. Like mine 8(. The voltage regulators on the early release 945G's do not support C2D. The 945G had a rev 2 released much later with updated VR's which do support 65nm C2D's. The Intel 955 was the first 'official' chipset released to support the original 65nm C2D's. Then, at a later time some of the MB distributors did release a 945G rev. 2 with added C2D 65nm support.

http://www.biostar-usa.com/mbdetails.asp?model=I945G-M7%20v2.x

I guess I'll assume not, even though I did put an e4300 on another one. Edit: that one later died for undetermined reasons, which is not promising. PSU was FSP, which at the time was considered decent.
Hmmm, this person might be better served by a new AM3 build around a 550BE or 425 X3.
Thanks for the comments.

I remember when C2D was released and a few of us here searched frantically to see if our 945G's supported C2D. Most of the MB distributors released a 'revision 2' 945G, ASUS, Gigabyte, etc. The newegg link to the Biostar board you have confirms the existence of the rev. 2 945G the company released for sale on newegg. The Biostar link apparently represents the original rev 1 board. ASUS just simply put the note on the MB product page *Only PCB R2.0(or higher) support Intel® Core™2 processor* . There was no new product page for the rev 2 which supported C2D's at ASUS either.

Solution