Feb 20, 2009
My specs:

i7 920 (@3.7 GHz)
2 GTX260 (sp 216) SLI'd
6 GB Corsair XMS3 1600
Asus P6T
Vista 64

My Problem:

Crysis and Crysis Warhead freeze up my system randomly, sometimes during the game, sometimes during a cut scene. Sometimes it happens after an hour of playing, sometimes after 2 minutes. I dropped the settings from Very High / Enthusiast to High / Gamer, and even dropped half the settings down to mainstream and I never apply AA. I have updated Forceware Drivers and the respective patches for the games installed. The same problems also occurred with the old drivers and before I applied the game patches. Has anyone else had this problem?

All the other games I have (Fallout 3, Far Cry 2, Lost Planet, Prototype, etc) play PERFECTLY at the highest settings possible.

My monitor is 28" 1900x1200 and that's what res I game at.

One person mentioned disabling anti-virus running in the background to fix the freezing problem. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Klon0pin

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2009
I've had CPU and gpu problems that I've fixed by adding a better CPU cooler and swapping out the 6 120mm case fans with high CFM ones.

So my temps while gaming are

CPU <60
GPU's <75

the temps are the same no matter what game I play but only Crysis & Warhead freeze. And it sometimes will freeze 5 minutes after I start the game when the GPU temp can't be more than 55c.

Klon0pin

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2009
I didn't do that, and I will try that next, but what are the chances of a problem with the install of both games.

And can I reinstall the games and keep my saves or do they get wiped with the reinstall?

radiowars

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
I think you'll lose your saves, unless you find them in the game folder and save them somewhere else. I think a fresh install might fix the problem.

What version of the games are you playing? If they're not both up to date, they might still suffer from previous SLI issues.

Klon0pin

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2009
When I installed crysis it installed the "gamespy comrade" or something. It checks for updates and patches for all my EA games everytime I turn my computer on. It's actually kind of annoying. And I'd uninstall it if I had an extra hour in the day but...

All the most up to date patches and hotfixes for crysis ( I think 1.21) and warhead are installed.

TRENDING THREADS