Seagate GoFlex Home 1TB or 2TB?

redpenguin2

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2010
I recently purchased the Segate GoFlex Home 1TB from my local Staples for $129 and I absolutely love it.

I love how the dock is Ethernet, WiFi, and even USB for extra storage.

Now I did not want to go to Segate because my friend and I for unknown reasons have had Segate just die on us then I had 2 replacement Segate drives die in a short time. We have other drives as well, but they never seem to die like our Seagates.

But I was kinda locked in to getting this Seagate, because to make it brief and get back to the current subject, the dock is virtually a portable computer with a 1.2GHZ/128MB and can be hacked to run your own Linux, so basically I want to use the dock for Linux hacking fun after the drive one day dies.

Anyway, their website offers me a 1TB upgrade to 2TB for literally only $30 or $159.

Now I am on a fence with trying to decide what to do.

Part of me is like, wow, 1TB extra for $30, I must get, but then the rest of me is like, how can they give an extra 1TB for only $30 (as in build quality) and that seems like a lot of data that can be lost, probably less reliable drive seems more space more heat and more failure.

It seems like 70% of me says stay with the 1TB and obviously 30% says get the 2TB.

Any suggestions?