Overclocking 9850 be

D

Deleted member 362816

I have never had much luck trying to overclock my extra computer 9850 be, Does anyone know any ways or what i need to do to get a stable one on this cpu? links please?

Hi cia24.

The problem with the Phenom line is that won't overclock very well. Basically is the same process that you do with the Phenom II line but in this one you will need a lot of voltage, the power use and heat are high and results aren't the best.

D

Deleted member 362816

Well what should i turn the voltage up to the worst thing that can happen is the cpu will blow up lol, its a extra i dont care i want to overclock this this to hell and back. if it burns up so be it.

D

Deleted member 362816

Can you point me in the right direction on how to get a oc on this, overclocking my 2600k and 2500k has made me soft there so easy to overclock compared to amd cpus. IMO

SB is very easy for the same unlock multiplier and you see better results due to that's Intel. Basically AMD BE and Intel unlock multiplier are very easy to overclock and you can use the same process, the difference is that with Intel you need less voltage and get better results and performance while AMD isn't as good but still do a good work.

What's the best way? Start to overclock it and find the wall...or dead...

D

Deleted member 362816

Lol! sounds like a plan the 9850 is hard to kill though I usally blow up the volt regs before the cpu goes.