mrcheeks00

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2009
Hi everbody! I built my first PC last night, and needless to say, I'm quite excited! And in all the excitement, I kinda rushed thru the wiring process. I wired everything correctly but I'm not really happy with the way I ran it. It's kinda messy in there. By the time I got done last night, it was pretty late. So all I did was connect the monitor and power up the PC just to see if it worked. I didn't set any BIOS settings or install an OS. Can I still go back inside and tidy up the wiring before I continue with the setup process without messing up any harware? Thank you for any replies!

Volityl

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2009
Can't think of any reason why not, just be careful to plug everything back in where it should be. Cable ties are great for helping tidy up the cables.

If your unplugging power from video cards etc, make sure they're properly seated when you turn the system back on. Sometimes they can come out, esp. if your using a dodgey tool free case

Volityl

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2009
The OP didn't mention having any problems, I interpreted it as them just wondering if they could clean up the cable mess without causing hardware problems...

mrcheeks00

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2009
The wiring I'm mostly worried about are the ones that were too short to run around the side of the mobo." (I.e. The 8 pin processor power cable). It's running in front of my mobo. Will that cause any trouble?

TRENDING THREADS