Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Upgradung my GMA 3000 to a NVIDIA Card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 15, 2009 1:59:47 AM

Hi,
I have this computer: http://www.canadacomputers.com/index.php?do=ShowProduct...

it is: Visionary I6040 - Intel Core 2 Duo E7400, Intel GMA 3000 (Vista Aero support), 2GB (2x1GB) DDR2 667, GigaLAN, 320GB HDD, 18X DVD-Writer

I don't know if it is possible to upgrade it to a NVIDIA Geforce 9500 GT 1GB PCIE Video Graphics Card

Please help me since I don't know much about computer hardware.

Thanks,
Zack Ritchie

Best solution

a c 235 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
July 15, 2009 3:07:51 AM

you should not have any issues with the card, the link does not give a lot of info but the PC seems fairly new so it should have a PCI-E x16 slot and they imply the PSU is 500w.

You honestly don't need to get the 1GB version of the 9500GT, the 512mb will give you same performance and save some money. You could probably step up to a more powerful card if you wanted to.
July 15, 2009 4:16:21 PM

ct1615 said:
you should not have any issues with the card, the link does not give a lot of info but the PC seems fairly new so it should have a PCI-E x16 slot and they imply the PSU is 500w.

You honestly don't need to get the 1GB version of the 9500GT, the 512mb will give you same performance and save some money. You could probably step up to a more powerful card if you wanted to.

Thanks,
I really appreciate it. I have been all over the internet looking for a solution and you finally gave me one. :D 

I'll consider getting a 512mb since it would be nice to save some money.
Thanks again,
Zack Ritchie
Related resources
July 15, 2009 4:22:27 PM

Get ati 4670, if you are not locked on nvidia. Its better card, and low power. Also is going at 70$ and 55$ after rebate.
July 15, 2009 4:39:26 PM

wrazor said:
Get ati 4670, if you are not locked on nvidia. Its better card, and low power. Also is going at 70$ and 55$ after rebate.

Thanks for your suggestion, I'm not at all hooked on NVIDIA and am really considering your suggestion on the ATI one. I like the price that's for sure :)  My brother has an older ATI card and he loves it, and I have never had any experience with a NVIDIA so I am totally open for suggestions.

I'm looking at the ATI right now, and think it is a better option.

Thanks,
Zack Ritchir
!