How to flush new rad/blocks

• Thread starter Deleted member 362816
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 362816

I made the mistake on my old loop of not flushing it when the parts were new so it sort of clogged my old blocks up with crap.

I more or less need to know if it is ok to flush the new blocks like this.

xspc dual drive bay pump/res fill it up with distilled water then hook all the blocks rads up outside the computer run it a few times change the water empty it out put into computer add my fluid and good to go, i think this will works just want to make sure.

I also have 10 feet of tubing how do i flush this?

Solution
For tubing, you can soak it in water; rinse with distilled to make sure there aren't any particulate matter/bits stuck inside.

As for rads, you can use hot tap water, soap and/or vinegar mix...fill the rads, slosh them around really well, let them soak 5-10 mins, repeat. Do this at least 2-3 times, rinse well with tap water, final slosh with distilled.

For blocks, you'll want to pull them apart and make sure they are clean and there aren't bits of metal or plastic inside. Both of these are very common inside blocks and are bad on your loop.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
For tubing, you can soak it in water; rinse with distilled to make sure there aren't any particulate matter/bits stuck inside.

As for rads, you can use hot tap water, soap and/or vinegar mix...fill the rads, slosh them around really well, let them soak 5-10 mins, repeat. Do this at least 2-3 times, rinse well with tap water, final slosh with distilled.

For blocks, you'll want to pull them apart and make sure they are clean and there aren't bits of metal or plastic inside. Both of these are very common inside blocks and are bad on your loop.

Solution
D

Deleted member 362816

Last time i took my 150$ koolance gpu block apart i couldn't get the gasket back in so threw it away waste of money ik, I refuse to take the blocks apart.

D

Deleted member 362816

It has more issues then it was worth trust me it was the frog block gasket is a pain, nickel was flaking and koolance wouldn't warrenty it so it went into the garbage, lol i have 2 140mm rads i could sell 1 140mm slim koolance copper 1 140mm gtx extreme hwlab

D

Deleted member 362816

Its one of those things i really dont need the money so why sell it, if you seen how much watercooling stuff i had that i could sell you would be sick lol. I have like 40 some 45 degree bitpower black 1/2 id 3/4od fittings brand new buncha 90's, its very $$$ stuff on frozen cpu or anywhere eles. lol! i paid like 15$ a pop for them.

D

Deleted member 362816

Since it takes like 1 week to get watercooling parts and I have multipul watercooling rigs, I though it would be better to have things on hand, If i listed the fittings on here they would sell like hotcakes lol.

ortoklaz

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
if you have problem with the o-ring .. silicone (water soluble )grease helps ,when you inserted back in to the block start from the corner ,you can hold it down by putting something on top in one place and work your way around ..it takes time and patience (don't twist the O-ring ) For flushing RADs fill up with hot (not boiled distilled water for 15~20min),drain it fill up again 40% only and shake the RAD like crazy..if you really want to add something to the water like vinegar ..no more than 1:10 ratio and only for very short time ,make sure you flush it multiple times with distilled.The safest way is hot distilled +1tbs of pine-soil followed with clean DW
have you open up your blocks ?

EDIT;
http://martinsliquidlab.org/2011/02/26/flushing-your-block-rads-clean/

D

Deleted member 362816

The new ones get here tommrow, its a danger den copper base/acrlic top, ek gpu copper/acrylic top. simple o rings in these it looks like my koolance gtx 580 card cover had so many 90 degree bends.

D

Deleted member 362816

Thanks for telling me that if the flow is to slow i will buy a new pump, but i think it will be ok. What are some of the higher flow pumps out there?

D

Deleted member 362816

Can you get me a link to buy the pmp-400, I'll just order one today, if I dont use it on my current computer I'll use it on another one.

D

Deleted member 362816

ahh, ok I will have to see, alot of other people told me the 750lph=200gph pump would be fine for my setup.

D

Deleted member 362816

Yeah I doo like the look of that pump/res you linked.

D

Deleted member 362816

I kinda figure it out after I took out one of my blocks its was full of green stuff there was to much constriction thats why my temps were bad.