1058 error while silent installation of dotnet3.5 framework-please hel

siri1247

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2011
hi,
any one can help me...pls..

wen i was trying to install microsoft dotnet3.5 framework in silent mode fo installation i have noticed the following error

"The application has requested the runtime to terminate it an in unusual way. please conatct the applications support team for more information."

so after these i have tried with the follwing cammands in cammand prompt

NET STOP SPOOLER
NET START SPOOLER
but again i have noticed one more error like

" Could not start the print spooler service on local machine.
Error 1058:The service cannot be started,either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled device associated with it."

Now what can be done to solve this in cammand promt

Please help me...

You DOS heads... :fou:

You are trying to run the Framework installer in silent mode and it won't let you.

Framework has a question it wants to ask you and will not install until it is answered.

It says something like "Do you agree" and describes an end-user license agreement.

Install it properly and see what happens.

You may need Windows Installer 3 to load Framework 3.5.

siri1247

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2011
hi thanks 4 ur immediate response..

may i know why this is throwing as print spooler 1058 error..while installation of dotnet??what is the link?
i didnt try with windows installer 3.1,but i tried only dotnetfx35.exe..it is working fine in one machine but it is throwing that error in another machine which is having the OS

Start>run>Services.msc>ok

Look for Print Spooler and double-click it.
It should be "Automatic" and running.
If it is not running, click "Start"
If it won't start, Look more for Remote Procedure Call (RPC) and make it "Automatic" and start it if it is not running.
If it was not running, but now is, try to start Print Spooler again.

If Remote Procedure Call (RPC) was running, and is set to automatic, then you have another problem.

siri1247

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2011
hi..
thanks..but i have checkd in the services.msc.In that the print spooler is automatically changing to stop mode wen i was trying to instal dotnet 3.5.So i have started that spooler and set to automatic,chekd RPC also but even though it is showing that 1058 print spooler error..

Why it is getting stopd.. i want to install that dotnet 3.5 framework in silent mode but due to the print spooler problm im unable to install pls give me any suggestions...