Is there any software aside from Nvidia control panel,,,

CefVil

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
Any software I could use to manage my 3D and video settings aside from Nvidia control panel?

I'm asking because I loath wide screen, name it I don't have a wide screen LCD, and I can't enable GPU scaling to make games run into full screen at my resolution of 1280*1024 thus getting horrendous black bars that eat up half my screen.

I've already tried many versions of drivers under Windows 7 and just can't get the "Display" option to appear on the navigation tree. :heink:

Thanks in advance

.C.

PaCanc

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2006
I'm not really sure what you're saying. From where is the wide resolution set?

Try setting the resolution to 1280x1024 in Windows first. (right click Desktop -> Properties -> Settings Tab) or from the nVidia Control Panel.
In the game, try setting the same 1280x1024 resolution. If it's not available, check to see if there is another option in the game that restricts the selection of resolution to 16:10, 16:9, etc., and change it to Auto/Normal or whatever so that 1280x1024 is selectable.

CefVil

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
Resolution is set to 1280*1024 on desktop, Nvidia control panel, and into every game I play.

Some games respect this resolution and work in full screen others simply stay at "wide screen" showing the black bars, whether the resolution is increased or decreased. Most of them are console ports like Silent Hill Homecoming, Mirror's Edge and F.E.A.R. 2, these never change to full screen no matter what I do...

.C.

PaCanc

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2006

For the games that you mentioned, can you set to other (also wide) resolutions? Do those games even have a setting for the resolution?

TRENDING THREADS