Transfer rate Harddrives

alexander194

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
Hi guys, I think my harddrive is underperforming for some reason. I've completely reformatted my computer, installed all my motherboard/graphhics drivers, all updates, loads of space free, good specs elswhere but still find a general slight slowness in the computer, when performing loading tasks.

As in loading the control pannel, sometimes can take to 8-10 seconds, and sometimes has the blue loading appearing, even for such a simple task. Also longer shut down/startup times, and just a general slowness when loading appliations of anysort, games, msn etc.

Also another thing thats making me think its along these lines, when formatting my computer, I loaded tge windows performance tester- it gave a red error message when hitting the HD section of it, telling me it wasnt able to read the harddrive. Aswell as the area in the computer where it mentions your computers harddrive state, nothing was dtected to view its status. No error message was given tgere of any sort, just as if the harddrive wasnt there, so couldnt test how well it was running, if at full capability etc. Even though of course managing to format the drive, and put a fresh windows 7 on (32)

Finally when finally managing to somehow get the windows performance tester to work, it came back as a sore of 5.9, at one point before i started having these issues and had to reformat my HD was at 7.2, and then never having any slowness issues.

Does anyone know what these problems sound like they could be? A few times my computer has overheared due to bad cooling till now (graphics), and caused the computer to power off to prevent any damage, i was thinking that is a possibility were something could have been bunred/damaged in anyway? Motherboard possibly, or if the symptons can be related to a cpu instead.

My machine is only 5 months old and again the problems weren't there on first setting up, so its a change somewhere. I use windows 7, 4gig ddr3 kingston ram, gigabyte compatible decent motherboard, am3 3 gig quad core cpu, radeon hd 4880 gpu, 1/2 tb 7200 western digital cavier HD, and a capable powerpack. cit 750w

Sorry for the drawn out question guys, only way to really better describe my problem. Thank you for any possible help, if anyone knows or relates to the sounds of the issue :)

alex