GeForce GTX 260 Problems

Hello all,

Sorry I am new to this site im not sure if a thread like this has been started. I have a EVGA GeForce GTX 260 216 Core card that seems to not be getting power. I only say this because the fan is not coming on and my Monitor is not recieving a signal. My PSU is a Rosewill RG630-2. The card takes at least 32 AMPS but my PSU seems more than enough at 20Ax4 rails. I hook the power up through the 2 6-pin connectors. Everything fits fine and seems to be in the right place, but I am still getting no video. My specs are as follows:

AMD Phenom II x4 Quad Core 3.0 GHz
Asus M4A78 Plus Mobo
Rosewill RG630-2 PSU
EVGA GeForce GTX 260 216 Core

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
2 answers Last reply
More about geforce problems
  1. is the rest of your system getting power? in other words does it end up just using the IGP instead of the 260?
  2. yea the rest of my systems is getting power. All my fans and different lights come on. I have been looking into this all day today and I think I may have found the problem. The RG630-2 PSU is a multi-rail so it only puts out 20amps per rail. I have read that this can be a problem on the graphics cards that take alot of power like mine because supposedly? there is no way to draw power from 2 rails for 1 component.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Geforce Graphics