Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Gtx
  • Geforce
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 15, 2009 1:16:04 PM

Hello all,

Sorry I am new to this site im not sure if a thread like this has been started. I have a EVGA GeForce GTX 260 216 Core card that seems to not be getting power. I only say this because the fan is not coming on and my Monitor is not recieving a signal. My PSU is a Rosewill RG630-2. The card takes at least 32 AMPS but my PSU seems more than enough at 20Ax4 rails. I hook the power up through the 2 6-pin connectors. Everything fits fine and seems to be in the right place, but I am still getting no video. My specs are as follows:

AMD Phenom II x4 Quad Core 3.0 GHz
Asus M4A78 Plus Mobo
Rosewill RG630-2 PSU
EVGA GeForce GTX 260 216 Core

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

More about : geforce gtx 260 problems

a b U Graphics card
July 15, 2009 9:25:54 PM

is the rest of your system getting power? in other words does it end up just using the IGP instead of the 260?
July 15, 2009 9:47:55 PM

yea the rest of my systems is getting power. All my fans and different lights come on. I have been looking into this all day today and I think I may have found the problem. The RG630-2 PSU is a multi-rail so it only puts out 20amps per rail. I have read that this can be a problem on the graphics cards that take alot of power like mine because supposedly? there is no way to draw power from 2 rails for 1 component.
!