SSD important question

olivierhacking

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2009
Hi everyone,

I currently have 2 hard drives, each 1TB but not in RAID. I am planning to get a SSD (http://www.alternate.be/html/product/Solid_State_Disk_3,5_inch_SATA/OCZ/OCZSSD3-2VTX120G/454909/?tab=3&page=1#tabberBox). Its in Dutch, you might not understand. But anyway, because my C drive is one of the hard drives already, can I run the SSD as the C drive? Or will I have to reinstall windows on the SSD?
Thank you for your help,
Olivier

olivierhacking

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2009

But the problem is: I had Windows Vista and I upgraded to Windows 7 with an upgrade key.. how do I install the OS on the SSD??

With the Windows XP Upgrade (from earlier versions), and I assume Windows 7 is the same way, you insert the Windows 7 upgrade disc and begin a Windows Installation. At some point, it states that the upgrade requires you to have an earlier version of Windows--which you pop in for it to verify. Then you put the Ugrade disc back in and it continues.

There are some handy guides online to improve performance with Windows on an SSD. I wouldn't disable the page file--but some people do it.

olivierhacking

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2009

But then another problem: my pc had windows vista already installed on it, I dont't have the CD :(

TRENDING THREADS