Sony Vaio PCG-C1VS/BW Problems

Tags:
Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
April 19, 2004 5:21:46 AM

Hi All,

I have just installed Windows 2000 Professional (Chinese version) on
my
C1VS/BW. I have downloaded all the drivers from the Sony Japan site
and
everything seem to work fine except:

1. When I look at Device Manager, I see a (!) warning sign on a PCI
device (Other Devices, "PCI easy communication controller" this is a
direct
translation from Chinese). I've tried to install the Notebook control
driver as well as the Programmable IO and neither seem to be the right
driver for this device. Can someone offer some insights please?

2. I cannot find the SmartCapture software on any of my 3 CD-ROM's
that came
with the computer. The closest one is "Vaio/Applications/Smart
Connect"...
Is this software hidden some where? I've looked at all my CD's...
Can I
download this from Sony somewhere?

3. I tried using the MotionEye camera with MSN Messenger and it
crashes the
messenger program everytime I press the web-cam button. Could it be
that I
didn't install the camera driver correctly? I downloaded this from
the
Japanese web page that contained instructions on Win2000 migration for
the C1VS/BW. In DeviceManager, the MotionEye camera seems to work
fine (though
it appears under audio devices... is this normal?).

I've been struggling with this problem for a long time and can't seem
make any progress. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
all
very much for your time.

-K
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
April 19, 2004 12:31:49 PM

Mister wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have just installed Windows 2000 Professional (Chinese version) on
> my
> C1VS/BW. I have downloaded all the drivers from the Sony Japan site
> and
> everything seem to work fine except:
>
> 1. When I look at Device Manager, I see a (!) warning sign on a PCI
> device (Other Devices, "PCI easy communication controller" this is a
> direct
> translation from Chinese). I've tried to install the Notebook control
> driver as well as the Programmable IO and neither seem to be the right
> driver for this device. Can someone offer some insights please?
>
> 2. I cannot find the SmartCapture software on any of my 3 CD-ROM's
> that came
> with the computer. The closest one is "Vaio/Applications/Smart
> Connect"...
> Is this software hidden some where? I've looked at all my CD's...
> Can I
> download this from Sony somewhere?
>
> 3. I tried using the MotionEye camera with MSN Messenger and it
> crashes the
> messenger program everytime I press the web-cam button. Could it be
> that I
> didn't install the camera driver correctly? I downloaded this from
> the
> Japanese web page that contained instructions on Win2000 migration for
> the C1VS/BW. In DeviceManager, the MotionEye camera seems to work
> fine (though
> it appears under audio devices... is this normal?).
>
> I've been struggling with this problem for a long time and can't seem
> make any progress. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
> all
> very much for your time.
>
> -K

Review the software FAQ on the unofficial Sony forum:
http://pub173.ezboard.com/bunofficialsony