Sign in with
Your question

Message typed suddenly wetn off screem how to retrieve

Last response: in Windows XP
December 1, 2011 11:06:06 PM

THE ANSWERS GIVEN ARE NOT RELEVANT TO MY PROBLEM. i'VE LOST THE WHOLE ARTICLE i WAS TYPING. CAN IT BE RETIREVED SOMEHOW?I DON'T KNOW WHATTO ENTER IN " SUB-CATEGORY"
December 2, 2011 1:35:23 AM

If you haven't closed the browser since, you may be able to find the typed text.. also try returning to previous pages, it's possible you accidentally typed in a key combination code to advance, return or change pages and the message may still be there... Check the history for the page you were typing in..
Your chances of finding the message may depend on the browser you are using.
Or maybe one of these applications can help you see the browser caché
http://www.nirsoft.net/web_browser_tools.html
m
l
December 9, 2011 2:18:43 AM

Nopes Chicano, really kind of you. No sign of msg, so perhaps I did type in a key combination that sent everything awry. But gotthings sorted out vua a pal's comouter and hus email. Phew, it's bloody awful being a babe in this computech stuff huh ? Give me literature anytime mate. Bless u all the same. Oh ! tell me, why the blah---blah--blah--blah does this IfN Babylon thing repeatedly, endlessly, cussedly enter uninvited int0 by computer when my chosen engne is Google? Do you by some chance knowwhether the guys running Babylon have real birth certificates ? Scamble them up, can you, for the love of mankind ? How bloody crude those aliens are ... and how gross can one get anyway. Pity their neighbours' wives and daughters !
m
l
December 9, 2011 10:29:35 AM

WINSTON DE VALLIERE said:
Nopes Chicano, really kind of you. No sign of msg, so perhaps I did type in a key combination that sent everything awry. But gotthings sorted out vua a pal's comouter and hus email. Phew, it's bloody awful being a babe in this computech stuff huh ? Give me literature anytime mate. Bless u all the same. Oh ! tell me, why the blah---blah--blah--blah does this IfN Babylon thing repeatedly, endlessly, cussedly enter uninvited int0 by computer when my chosen engne is Google? Do you by some chance knowwhether the guys running Babylon have real birth certificates ? Scamble them up, can you, for the love of mankind ? How bloody crude those aliens are ... and how gross can one get anyway. Pity their neighbours' wives and daughters !

LOL... Welll... I was to late to help with the article recovery, but not for the Babylon intrussion... The Babylon start page must be a small time browser hijacker... to remove it just run HijackThis and check to delete any line(s) making reference to Babylon or instal a spyware program.. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is very effective with such bugs...

Also apply this little registry edition to make sure your default search engine stays put.
http://www.thinkdigit.com/forum/software-q/57676-lock-i...
Copy both parts of the text in the code boxes posted by Vishal Gupta and paste them to a .txt file (right mouse click in empty spacer of the desktop and select 'text document') erase the second line that says: "Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00" and save the file as "lock_homepage.reg"... close the file, and with a right mouse click, select combine... that will add a registry edition to set your google homepage and add a user policy to lock your homepage.

If the problem persists, add the Babylon page to Control \ Panel \ Internet Options \ Security \ Restricted Sites \ Add the Babylon URL \ Close \ and Accept.

I haven't heard of a homepage hijack for a while, Inernet Explorer 6 was prone to such hijackings so if you're still using it, update to IE8 or keep IE6 and install Firefox 8 both are more secure browsers and hijacker foolproof.
m
l
!