Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Burning Data(movie) to DVD+RW

Last response: in Windows XP
December 1, 2011 11:16:26 PM

I am downloading Movies and wanting to burn to a DVD+RW, was told to download x2xFree Disc Burner which I did and each time I try to burn it ,it tells me to load a Disc which I have done so,have tried their FAQ section & no help so hope you can help,many thanks,Rosalie Muir

More about : burning data movie dvd

December 2, 2011 12:32:22 AM

roseashm said:
I am downloading Movies and wanting to burn to a DVD+RW, was told to download x2xFree Disc Burner which I did and each time I try to burn it ,it tells me to load a Disc which I have done so,have tried their FAQ section & no help so hope you can help,many thanks,Rosalie Muir

The link you suggested is the one I downloaded , it just keeps telling me I do not have a disc in
m
l
Related resources
December 2, 2011 1:22:40 AM

FLV is not what a DVD burner program is expecting. It is expecting VOB files in addition to the IFO and other good stuff that makes a DVD what it is.

You need to convert the FLV files to make them useable.

A free FLV converter is
HERE

Once files are converted into AVI or better yet, MPEG2, then use a simple program like DVD Santa to make a DVD from those files.

DVD Santa is not free but I've never heard of anyone not agreeing it is worth every penny.

DVD Santa is
HERE.
m
l
December 2, 2011 5:30:16 AM

tigsounds said:
FLV is not what a DVD burner program is expecting. It is expecting VOB files in addition to the IFO and other good stuff that makes a DVD what it is.

You need to convert the FLV files to make them useable.

A free FLV converter is
HERE

Once files are converted into AVI or better yet, MPEG2, then use a simple program like DVD Santa to make a DVD from those files.

DVD Santa is not free but I've never heard of anyone not agreeing it is worth every penny.

DVD Santa is
HERE.

I converted it which took a long time to an AVI format and it still says no disc ,I am so over this
m
l
December 2, 2011 5:40:19 AM

Did you download the free version of DVD Santa and drag/drop the AVI file there and click to make DVD?
m
l
December 2, 2011 6:13:16 AM

No I downloaded the converter and then tried it my 3 different types of burners to copy data & none of them still recognised that I had a disc in , I have NHS , Record now, Nero & CD Burner XP
m
l
December 2, 2011 6:16:47 AM

That was after I had converted it to AVI format, I have a Dell XP Home Edition 2000
m
l
December 2, 2011 6:35:31 AM

'Record Now' messes with Nero and sometimes neither one will work.

Maybe I'm missing something here. I've been telling you how to make a DVD that is playable in a standard DVD player, such as may be found in your room next to your TV.

DVD Santa is the least expensive way to do that. You could go on up to Pinnacle Studio or even Adobe products for making menus and all that for many $.

DVD Santa is yet one more burner program but hasn't been flagged as conflicting with any other burner program installed at the same time. It will either burn to disk, or just make the needed files for another program to do the burning.

If you are only trying to store the files on a DVD to watch them later on your computer, then Nero is a good choice as long as you specify in Nero that you are making a Data disk. If this is what you are trying, then all the file converting is not needed.

The No Disk error could be caused by the multiple burner programs all being installed at the same time. I'd un-install Record Now and see if that cures the problem.

Are you using Memorex blank DVD's? I don't like them, too many duds. My burner says 'No Disk'
m
l
December 12, 2011 12:41:12 AM

I am using Sony DVD+RW and still no luck even with converting, I have spent so much time & effort with no results I have given it a rest, in other words I have given up for now, it was driving me crazy, thanks for all the help but none worked, I have DVD -R as well and still no go ,Blessings,Roseashm
m
l

Best solution

December 12, 2011 4:07:27 AM

roseashm said:
I am using Sony DVD+RW and still no luck even with converting, I have spent so much time & effort with no results I have given it a rest, in other words I have given up for now, it was driving me crazy, thanks for all the help but none worked, I have DVD -R as well and still no go ,Blessings,Roseashm

The idea of the converting is to get them to a file type that a DVD authoring program can use. This why the FLV converter I spoke of above. It can make the file into an mpg or avi that DVD Santa can handle to make the final DVD. It's a multi-step process. One program gets the file ready for the next program and then a DVD can be made.

If you made the file into an avi, open DVD Santa and click the first button to make a DVD. Drag the avi file into the new window DVD Santa makes and click to make the DVD.
December 12, 2011 5:08:44 AM

Best answer selected by roseashm.
m
l
December 12, 2011 5:08:44 AM

Thanks for all your help, will give it a go after Christmas, Have a Merry Christmas ,Roseashm
m
l
December 12, 2011 5:11:06 AM

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

My last reply should do the trick. Good luck.
m
l
!