Big problem with new RAID

jackslap

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2008
Guys, I really need help on this one. I'm pretty good at solving problems with computer stuff, and this is one I've never seen before. Google has been somewhat helpful, but can't quite get it solved.

I setup a RAID (stripe) for the first time a few weeks back on a new build. Two days ago I tried to add an additional HDD to the system, just as a backup drive, not part of the RAID.

When it booted up the next time, the check disk blue screen came up and started going through a HUGE list of things. It kept saying "Replacing File XXX" over and over again for about an hour. When it finally finished, it re-booted to a blue screen and I can't seem to get past that point.

The blue screen says exactly this "The verification of a KnownDLL failed. System process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000221 (0x00c1b8e0 0x00000000)".

I can't go into safe mode at all. I have my original XP 64 bit install disk with RAID drivers slipstreamed in. It was suggested that I try to use the recovery console, but that option is not offered to me during the windows install disk process. There is something called "Automated Recovery System" but if I try to activate that, it just asks me to insert some mysterious floppy disk that of course I don't have.

My wife has almost an entire book written on these HDD's and it's only backed up to about 2 weeks ago. She'll lose a lot of work if I have to format.

How can I find out what DLL is missing, and then replace it?