4850 CF bad idea for me?

xc0mmiex

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
so... i have a Samsung with 1440X900 Res.... if was to get another 4850, would that be a waste or maby even lower my frames.... i am kind of spoiled by highest setting and allll the eyecandy... and i also play GTA4 and i'd like to see some extra frames

For that resolution, you probably won't see too much of a benefit. GTA 4 is quirky, so you may get more frames, or you may get less. I haven't bothered with the game so I don't know how much of their issues they got ironed out yet for the PC version.

GTA4 need a 1 GB card because of some dumb moves by Take2. Unless you play Crisis a lot... maybe you should think twice before getting a new card... but either way, you can't go wrong.

4850 cards are around 100$ which is by far the best price on the market for any price/performance ratio.

xc0mmiex

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008

I have thought bout it over and over again... what about more GPU intensive games that are coming soon like MW2(modern warfare 2) and BBC2(battlefield bad company 2), would that benefit them, i know its a hard question since the games didn't come out yet but say they were coded property and were gpu dependent. I'm mostly trying to get my computer ready for another year of fresh games with max settings before i build a whole new rig, this last upgrade would be the end of the road.

SORRY :??: ... but i've been keeping up with the forums and doing heavy research on this and hvn't noticed the post

inspector71

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2008
I think everybody on a budget building a really nice computer should use 4850 cards.You cant go wrong with the price and performance. Excellent cards.