Logitech G5 Laser Mouse repair/replacement parts?

BIGthingy47

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
Does anyone happen to know if it is possible to replace/repair any components on the Logitech G5 Laser mouse? I purrchased one "as is" on ebay and it needs to be repaired. The whole thing needs to be checked out but I also cannot find a replacement weight cartridge. Does anyone know where I may be able to find one of these? And if anyone knows of any ways of repairing this mouse I would be grateful if you shared these with me.

ainarssems

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2008
I do not think there is anything economically repairable apart from changing USB cable if it is busted. In which case any USB cable will do.

You can ask Logitech for spare parts but I doubt they supply any and even if they do they will be way to expensive.

Best option for weight cartidge probably is to buy another "as is" or broken one from e-bay

BIGthingy47

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
So replacing the whole thing would make a little more sense? I may be able to sell the one i just got "as is" on ebay again. But I can't find any brand new that are below 60 dollars. Do you have any suggestions on where to get a brand new one cheap?

ainarssems

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2008
You can try to put another good known usb cable to it first if You have one unused lying around. If that does not help then probably not worth doing anything else. Busted cable is the most likely fault as the conductor wires in it tend to brake after long usage due to being bent repeadetly. It normally happens right where the cable goes into mouse. If You do not have another cable You can try to cut original cable shorter.

goanddo

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2010
I am having the same problem. I found a few G5's on e-bay, some for spares, and some almost new ones all for around $5-10. So I'm either going to just get a new one, or buy one and pull the cable off it to replace the one on my current mouse. That'll be easier than rewiring the short ... at least for me ;)