MSi Afterburner vs. EVGA precision?

chiptouz

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2006
Ok all,

Please tell me which one is better. I am currently using EVGA precision, but keep on reading about MSi afterburner. Is it worthwhile to switch over to afterburner.

What are your thoughts? Wish I could make some sort of poll.

Thank you,

Chip

Solution
Like bystander said, MSI Afterburner works on any brand of Graphics Card (PNY, EVGA, MSI, etc). IF you have a MSI graphics card then you can adjust the Voltages of your GPU with Afterburner; if you don't then you just gotta work with what you can.

I, myself use Afterburner and it's great! Very easy, very user-friendly. You can easily adjust the speeds in real-time, and I've never had a problem. You can also allow it to apply overclocks as start-up automatically, which is a nice feature. The way you can adjust the fan speed based on the temperature is a great feature too.

I've never used EVGA Precision so I can't really compare them both. But you can easily just write down the overclocked speeds you have right now...
MSI Afterburner is used the most because it works on any card regardless of brand. Software like ASUS Smartdoctor, Sapphire's Trixx and I assume EVGA's precision only work on their brand of cards. As a result, MSI gets a lot more attention and use.

I can tell you that ASUS smartdoctor has many problems, so I definitely wouldn't use that, but I do not know how good EVGA's precision is.

IAreKyleW00t

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2010
Like bystander said, MSI Afterburner works on any brand of Graphics Card (PNY, EVGA, MSI, etc). IF you have a MSI graphics card then you can adjust the Voltages of your GPU with Afterburner; if you don't then you just gotta work with what you can.

I, myself use Afterburner and it's great! Very easy, very user-friendly. You can easily adjust the speeds in real-time, and I've never had a problem. You can also allow it to apply overclocks as start-up automatically, which is a nice feature. The way you can adjust the fan speed based on the temperature is a great feature too.

I've never used EVGA Precision so I can't really compare them both. But you can easily just write down the overclocked speeds you have right now, and just put them right into Afterburner with no problems. Literally it's as easy as 1, 2, 3. :sarcastic:

Solution