Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

How do I remove write protection from a USB memory stick?

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
December 2, 2011 4:24:02 PM

I have an HP 4GB memory stick which has worked O.K. in the past. Now it claims to be write protected but I have done nothing to invoke write protection
a b α HP
a b } Memory
December 2, 2011 10:44:47 PM

kenayre said:
I have an HP 4GB memory stick which has worked O.K. in the past. Now it claims to be write protected but I have done nothing to invoke write protection



I suggest you open disk management, and see if file system is ok, and partition is healthy.

Right click My Computer > Manage > disk Management.
m
0
l
Related resources
December 5, 2011 12:37:25 PM

Did you find the solution? i have just experienced the same problem right now
m
0
l
a b α HP
a b } Memory
December 5, 2011 12:49:07 PM

lamson phiri said:
Did you find the solution? i have just experienced the same problem right now




read prior post by Area51
m
0
l
December 10, 2011 12:33:23 PM

ksiemb said:
I suggest you open disk management, and see if file system is ok, and partition is healthy.

Right click My Computer > Manage > disk Management.


Yes, I have done that and it says 3.99 GB FAT 32 Healthy. That's fine but I still have a memory stick claiming to be write protected and I cannot find out how to get rid of it !
m
0
l
December 10, 2011 12:36:01 PM

lamson phiri said:
Did you find the solution? i have just experienced the same problem right now



I followed the suggestions but I still have a memory stick with write protection !
m
0
l
!