inkn0w

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
well im not to fond with the computer parts and im trying to learn more stuff as i go, also was just wondering if this computer i have is capable of crossfire HP Pavilion Elite M9400F

Welcome to the forums!

No, your HP system is not able to CrossFire or SLI.
It is built around a nVidia 6150 SE/nForce 430 motherboard and has only 1 PCIe 16x slot.
If you want to upgrade your 3650, look into a 4670 512 Mb card.
Anything faster than a 4670 will require you to upgrade your PSU.

inkn0w

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009

ty u guys very much and i know this is a very dumb question probably get flammed on it but how do i install a graphics card, will i need to take off the cover tower?

The process is quite simple and you can locate tons of help on Google.

The basic process is as follows:
1) Download to your desktop the most current drivers for your new GPU from AMD or nVidia. Make sure and get the proper driver package for your operating system.
2) Uninstall your current video card drivers and turn off the system.
3) With the power off and the computer unplugged, carefully open the case and remove the current GPU.
3a) Since you have probably never cleaned in there, blow the system out with a can of compressed air.
4) Install the new GPU, close the case back up and plug everything back on.
5) Boot back to windows. When the Os loads, it will detect the new GPU. Cancel all of the windows prompts then run the installer for the driver package. Follow the prompts, restart and enjoy!

Be sure to keep in mind that you may need to install a new PSU depending on the GPU you get.
Anything over a 4670 (decent GPU) or a 9500GT (about half as fast for the same cost/power consumption) will need a quality 380-500w PSU, depending on the GPU.
If you have to upgrade it, get a quality Corsair, PCP&C, Seasonic or Antec Earthwatts PSU.

inkn0w

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Ty so far again outlw im going to tell you a bit about the spec of the comp here goes and again ty for the help thus far.

AMD Phenom x4 9750 quad core
8Gb system memory
ATI Radeon HD 3650 Graphics Card
Windows Vista premium

So maybe this would help a little more but i do understand if its the same

No problem, happy to help.

No worries, the procedure will be the same.
Just make sure to download the Vista x64 driver package (I assume as you have 8Gb RAM) for your new GPU.

Also, if you are intersted in the full specs of your system, you can locate them Here.

TRENDING THREADS