Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Outlook express problems windows XP

Last response: in Windows XP
December 2, 2011 6:58:48 PM

Hello,
I am having problems with outlook express (runing windows XP)where I can send email however, I can't receive any email, and yes, I am set up right I think, incoming server POP3, Mail.charter.net out going smtp.charter.net I am not realy a newb at this however I must say this is driving me nuts. Charter will not supprot outlook express at all, No help from them. I am begining to think it may be there problem but I don't really know at this point. I am hoping someone out there can help me out.

Regards.

charlie
December 9, 2011 11:03:42 PM

Thank you for your input. I have two computers both running XP and using outlook express. The set-up is the same on both computers however, only one of them will receive email?? I can send without any problems on both. My incoming server is set to POP3 along with incoming mail set to Mail.charter.net I have on problems with other computer sending or receiving email??? I am thinking this may be acharter problem or maybe SP3 problem. I just don't know yet.

Regards,

charlie
Score
Related resources
a b 1 Email
December 9, 2011 11:15:53 PM

According to the site, the incoming mail should be set to imap and is imap.charter.net
Have you tried that?

From their support page:

Use these settings to configure your Email Servers:

Server Type: IMAP Server
Incoming Email Server: imap.charter.net
Port: 143
Outgoing Email Server: smtp.charter.net
Port: 25
Score
December 20, 2011 12:00:37 AM

hang-the-9 said:
According to the site, the incoming mail should be set to imap and is imap.charter.net
Have you tried that?

From their support page:

Use these settings to configure your Email Servers:

Server Type: IMAP Server
Incoming Email Server: imap.charter.net
Port: 143
Outgoing Email Server: smtp.charter.net
Port: 25

All I can say is what my ISP is telling me, incoming server POP3, Mail.charter.net. I belive the problem is in the ISP set up somewhere if both computers are set up the same why regarding servers incoming and out going it can't be a server problem. I am working with a really good tech from charter we will find the problem. I will let everyone no when we do..
Agian thanks for your help
Score
!