My @BIOS does not install new bios update.

Solution
Have you downloaded the latest @BIOS from their website? I have ran into that before, using the given software from the CD doesn't work for some reason, but when downloading and installing from the gigabyte website I produced different results. If you can't do it this way, then I would recommend downloading the BIOS file separately and putting it on a flash drive or floppy diskette.

Zehir

Zehir

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009
Have you downloaded the latest @BIOS from their website? I have ran into that before, using the given software from the CD doesn't work for some reason, but when downloading and installing from the gigabyte website I produced different results. If you can't do it this way, then I would recommend downloading the BIOS file separately and putting it on a flash drive or floppy diskette.

Zehir

Solution

winmine

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009
I had the same problem, it actually downgraded me from F4 to F3, but after i downloaded F6 from the website and choose "Update from harddrive" it worked perfectly

BO3

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009
Getting the latest @BIOS, downloaded it to desktop, then updated from the file. Thanks! Now I have it. BO3

BO3

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009

Thanks for your help so fast BO3

ekoostik

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
While some are willing to gamble with @BIOS, it has been known to brick motherboards. You didn't mention what motherboard you have, but if it has the Qflash option this is the much safer route to take to update BIOS.

The process for updating BIOS using QFlash - from within BIOS itself - is easy enough that there is no reason not to do it that way. Basically, you:
1. Download the latest BIOS file
2. 'Run' the file (double-click it, whatever your prefered metaphor is) to unpack the contents onto a USB drive.
3. Reboot your machine with the USB drive plugged into a USB slot
4. Enter BIOS
5. Enter Qflash - I believe using F8 but it will say at the bottom of your screen (it is possible to enter Qflash during POST without entering BIOS, either method is ok)
6. Find your USB drive - it may be labeled HDD
7. Select your BIOS file from the USB and let it run
8. When you get back into BIOS, select Load Optimized Defaults, then make any changes you have made previously

You can find additional information here: http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/FileLis [...] qflash.htm