Corsair 650W TX Series PSU help

G

Hi,

I recently purchased the Corsair 650W TX Series PSU.. Now I am getting very low 'Frames Per Second'/FPS.. when playing games. I get 18-24 FPS, with my old PSU I used to get 30-55 fps.. Also my computer shut off by itself recently while I was in game, and when i tried to start it back up it shut itself off again. I had to wait a few mins before I could turn it back on.

Also in SpeedFan.. I am getting very high CPU tempereture 120c.. Will my motherboard/other components die if this keeps going on?

47759261.th.png

Is everything else ok in this image?

Thanks.

With speedfan, use 'config' tab to uncheck or turn off the 120 degree temp readouts with the orange flame designation. Those reading are measuring nothing and defaulkt to 120. The PSU would not directly effect the FPS. If the uniut is shutting down randomly, there may be a shorting issue or other hardware related issue, but it is not because the CPU is 120c. That is a false reading.

G

Is this rght mate?

56058990.png

Yeah, I would say those are the systems temps that are being measured by speedfan. Not sure about Ambient 0c. perhaps try download and installing Core Temp to and compare to get a better read on the CPU temps. Looks like the cores of your CPU are running cool.

http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

G

Thanks mate.

I downloaded it and ran it.. Seems it's giving higher readngs..
Is this normal?

Here is the comparison:

20975683.png

I think the Core Temp reading are more acurate. Your temps are good. If you are using the stock intel CPU cooling unit, the temps will go up quickly if you stress the CPU out. Otherwise, the temps are good.