Sign in with
Your question

Sm bus controller

Last response: in Windows XP
December 3, 2011 3:15:38 AM

Hello, I cant seem to upgrade the sm bus controller, It keeps saying that it cant find the software for..Im on windows xp pro.I think this is whats causing a blue screen to pop up here and there. its the only thing in device manager that has a ? and ! next to it..can anyone please help me..oh yeah if I unistall it will that mess up my computer?

More about : bus controller

a b \ Driver
December 3, 2011 3:36:38 AM

The blind leading the blind?

To answer your questions or to offer a solution we need to know the make & model of your computer.
December 3, 2011 5:52:27 AM

Im really a cpu noob..lol..but I hope this helps.
system is Microsoft Windows XP Professional version 2002 service pack 3.
AMD athlon[tm] 64x2 dual core Processor 4200+ 2.21 GHz, 1.87 GB of RAM.
I got this info from system properties. Its a Compaq..
Related resources
December 3, 2011 6:03:39 AM

Sorry bout that.If im correct the make and model is Compaq-Presario
model#- GX632AA-ABA SR5333WM.
I hope that helps you help me..lol
a b \ Driver
December 3, 2011 7:19:57 AM

You need Nvidia nForce 430 drivers.

To get them for XP, click
HERE

Although the one description says they are for Vista, the actual information breakdown shows they are for XP.
December 3, 2011 9:02:46 PM

tigsounds said:

HERE

Although the one description says they are for Vista, the actual information breakdown shows they are for XP.

Thanks a bunch ima try it now, and I will let you know how it goes
December 5, 2011 6:18:52 AM

tigsounds said:

HERE

Ok, I downloaded it and windows said its not compatible with xp or something like that..It said it might effect my cpu either now or in the future. So of course i downloaded it anyway.and everything was working find.no more mare over sm bus controller any more..But when I logged off and tried to get back on for some reason my cpu couldnt connect to the internet anymore...I had to restore my cpu to an earlier date just to be able to write you..I think it was the program, I need to find one for XP...any clues on where to find one?? and thank you for your help.
a b \ Driver
December 5, 2011 1:39:02 PM

All is not lost...
The SMBus driver is there. Look at where the files were expanded to and find just the SMBus driver and manually install just it.
January 6, 2012 12:32:08 PM

tigsounds said:
All is not lost...
The SMBus driver is there. Look at where the files were expanded to and find just the SMBus driver and manually install just it.

January 9, 2012 12:01:30 AM

So of course i downloaded it anyway.and everything was working find.no more mare over sm bus controller any more
!