bilboe

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
Hi!
I have a 5 month old homebuilt system, e8400, ep45-ud3p mobo, in a cm 690 case and it has been acting up.

1. The USB ports on top of the case seem to have a power problem, there are 2 of them but they will only power one device, if i plug something into the other port, both devices shut off.

2. I turn my power strip off at night, and in the morning, when I turn it on, and then my computer, the computer turns on, turns off, waits 5 seconds (about) and then turns on again, working fine. This only happens when power is reapplied.

I am wondering if these are connected.

Thank you!

Bye

hundredislandsboy

Distinguished
2. I turn my power strip off at night, and in the morning, when I turn it on, and then my computer, the computer turns on, turns off, waits 5 seconds (about) and then turns on again, working fine. This only happens when power is reapplied.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has it done that since you've had it? Mine has for over 8 months now.

G

My PC does the same thing when removed from the power grid, its a Bios Issue, go into your power management and play around with s1/s3 states and power outage options.

bilboe

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
The weird thing about this is that all of these problems are new.
They just sort of started randomly.
The USB thing started last week and the power thing started last month, so I thought it was strange.

I am worried about the turning on and off thing because when I turn it on, it turns off, my external hard drive (connected to the motherboard firewire port) spins up, and then as soon as the external drive is quiet it turns on. I am worried that this is not a coincidence but some sort of motherboard power issue.

Thank you

G

Unplug the external drive and test the pc, could be usb issue