Comcast HD DVR dis-allows fast-forward on 24 and American ..

Last response: in Home Theatre
February 21, 2005 5:29:31 AM

I don't know how wide spread the problem is, but it is reported
to have affected several users of the Comcast HD recorder.

http://www.pvrblog.com/pvr/2005/02/american_idol_b.html
Anonymous
February 21, 2005 8:58:23 PM

February 21, 2005 10:09:17 PM

Scott Alfter wrote:

> In article <OcidnephxeiWJYTfRVn-pA@comcast.com>,
> Joe Smith <joe@inwap.com> wrote:
>> I don't know how wide spread the problem is, but it is reported
>> to have affected several users of the Comcast HD recorder.
>>
>> http://www.pvrblog.com/pvr/2005/02/american_idol_b.html
>
> It seems there's an easy fix:
>
> Don't watch American Idol. :-)
>
> That said, it's nice that TiVo and MythTV lack this misfeature.

not watching americal idol is no loss, not watching 24 on the
other hand......
February 22, 2005 1:47:59 AM

I say toss the thing and buy a Tivo!
February 28, 2005 6:40:27 PM

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 02:29:31 -0800, Joe Smith <joe@inwap.com> wrote:

>I don't know how wide spread the problem is, but it is reported
>to have affected several users of the Comcast HD recorder.
>
>http://www.pvrblog.com/pvr/2005/02/american_idol_b.html

Old news.

Mine is fine.

Sean
March 30, 2005 4:06:24 PM

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 15:40:27 -0500, Sean <sean386@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 02:29:31 -0800, Joe Smith <joe@inwap.com> wrote:
>
>>I don't know how wide spread the problem is, but it is reported
>>to have affected several users of the Comcast HD recorder.
>>
>>http://www.pvrblog.com/pvr/2005/02/american_idol_b.html

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

How do you Tivo rumpswabs like your popup ads?????

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000100038148/

I'm not paying $13 a month to be a beta tester, TiVo. I'm not happy
about seeing TiVo-sponsored ads at all, and then to screw it up like
this is ridiculous. (This on top of all their other software problems
lately too.)

That Tivo sure is "cutting edge"

Sean
!