Installing windows 7 help

Yeah, i am trying to install windows 7 however im getting the "cd/dvd device driver not available, insert cd and try again" or something close to that, however i dont have any extra blanks and its gonna take me a while to get to the store for some :p so my question is: Can i just put the driver portion of the CD onto a flash drive (it said you could but how do i go about doing it?)

What system are you trying to install this on? What OS did you have before?

Right now im on windows 7, i just got a new hard drive i want to put windows 7 on that so it can be my os/main drive

Are you using a Win 7 cd? Where did you get the OS from?

Yes, i am. i downloaded the OS from the windows store after i bought it a few months ago

Driver portion of the cd? Driver for what? What are you talking about? What is it your trying to do?

Yeah it gives me an error when i try to install windows on a blank dvd saying stuff about how it doesnt have the drivers it needs, so i googled it, they said it was a bad burn im wondering if i can just take the drivers from the W7 cd and use those? or can i download the drivers i need, then put them on a flash drive to install from? (so i dont need to wait a week to get to a store buy dvds, etc)

if gives me the option to search my HD for the drivers i need so i figured maybe it would work... right?

To install the device driver(s) you will need to insert the installation media that came with the RAID/SATA etc. drives and which contains the relevant driver(s). This media can be floppy disk, CD/DVD or USB flash drive(just the driver on USB). Once you have inserted the media into the relevant drive,

Click the OK button.

Is that what u needed mouse24?

After reading that again, don't try to install anything yet.

1. Is it laptop or desktop. Is windows 7 x32 or x64bit?

2."when i try to install windows on a blank dvd saying stuff about how it doesnt have the drivers it needs"
Are u talking about to burn the windows iso onto DVD disc?

If u just need to burn Win7 onto empty dvd u just need http://www.filehippo.com/download_imgburn/. But if u need driver for the CD/DVD drive tell me what model u have. We need to find driver for it.U have

woah woops that was an epic typo on my part, im trying to install windows 7 from the dvd i burned using img burn at 4x speed, i burned it from the ISO onto a generic dvd, it is windows home premium 64bit, i have a 32bit dvd also but id rather use the 64bit :) and yes it is a desktop, i have 3 hard drives in it, i would just clone this 320 into the 1tb but i would feel better having a fresh install.

OK, so u are trying to install x64 and u get prompt for...? Just so I can understand and move on from there : )

ok... basically, i pop in the cd, get into bois change the boot order to boot from cd/dvd, get the installer prompt hit the usual go stuff, then after the verification process and i think it transfers the stuff to disk to access it faster (not sure?) anywho then its like the first step in the process it says (device driver missing) im not sure if that refers to all the device drivers, or the cd/dvd device driver... sata device driver.... etc, not really sure.

i dont know the exact model number for the dvd drive ive got but its just a generic one, it has always performed flawlessly, and i doubt thats the driver it was looking for since even the bios / dos can access it without requiring a driver.

hrmmm, ive tried it in AHCI + IDE mode before you even suggested it, this is beginning to look like im going to have to buy some new dvds lol

and the rest of my system is:
Mobo: Asrock A780LM-S
CPU: Athlon 2 x3 445 (stock clocks + not unlocked)
GPU: 5670 512mb
Case: Haf912
PSU: Antec 500D green 500w